Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

picky toddlers

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

for those of you who have picky toddlers, what are some good meal ideas?

all my kids eat are mac and cheese, oatmeal, cereal, those canned spaghetti and meatballs, string cheese

i dont even make dinner anymore bc my kids never eat what i make and i have to end up throwing it away

i have discussed this issue with my kids doctor too, and she said as long as they are eating, thats all that matters, but i want them to eat healthier but they are super-duper picky to the extreme, so give me some meal ideas ladies, please!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Do we have the same toddler?! lol DS is sooo picky. I feel like he eats the sames things over and over most of the time. His iron is good, and he's at an average weight so his doctor isn't concerned at all.

bxmom2580
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM

lol, i hear ya, its the same with mine too, but their vitamin d is very, very low, they have to take blood every 2 months to check the levels, and my doc has now told me to give the boys their vitamins twice a day now till the levels go up

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Do we have the same toddler?! lol DS is sooo picky. I feel like he eats the sames things over and over most of the time. His iron is good, and he's at an average weight so his doctor isn't concerned at all.

athenaheim
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM
My son is very picky. I just find what he likes and feed him that. Occasionally I make a meal and he eats it or he doesn't. If he gets hungry he comes back later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
My daughter is the same way. But I always blend carrots or spinach into the mac and cheese.

You can blend vegatables and put it in their favorite dish for lunch or dinner. As for the breakfast food, you put fruit in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom

I would say the vitamins, and maybe a drink like pedisure, or something along those lines.

Christy78
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I nevered  cook anything differet for my kids . They eat waht I cook  and they will learn to eat it to . I tell them I'm not a short order cook .

Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Do your kids like orange juice? Because Tropicana has orange juice plus Vitamin D.

Quoting bxmom2580:

lol, i hear ya, its the same with mine too, but their vitamin d is very, very low, they have to take blood every 2 months to check the levels, and my doc has now told me to give the boys their vitamins twice a day now till the levels go up

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashia07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM

All my son wants it yogurt and pizza.  I sneak veggies and fruit into everything. He is strong as an ox according to his doctors, but just in case we have added Ensure into his diet every morning.

bxmom2580
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM

yes, they do! but i always forget to buy the damn juice, lol, thanks for reminding me

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Do your kids like orange juice? Because Tropicana has orange juice plus Vitamin D.

Quoting bxmom2580:

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

mommyboyz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM

My 5yo is very picky, he will only eat certain things, if I make a meal that I now he will not eat, I have to fix him something else. He like chicken nuggets, hot dogs, mac n cheese, any hamburger helper, tomato soup, spegetti, pizza, sloppy joes, peaches, bologna sandwiches, cereal, tocas, hamburgers, gosh that is just about it.. lol good luck to us & our picky eaters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)