Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Internet dating

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM
  • 33 Replies
Have you ever tried it? If so what are some good ones? And are they free?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acastle2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM

www.plentyoffish.com i enjoyed it they get down to even if someone has a car or not when your filling out the survey portion. I also think it is better if your from a bigger area then a smaller one. I lived in a pretty big town briefly and then moved back to my smaller town and it was easier in the bigger town b/c well there is more people. My small community also has a website that has a place you can sell things find jobs singles club and its just for that area and that works as well if your community has one.

animebuddy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Ok cupid, its free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:08 AM

I'm on evow.com and i've talked to a few guys might actually have a date next week with one of them.  as soon as they beg for pics (i have a few on my profile) or start talking about sex etc i stop talking to them.

mclaren3433
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:31 AM

My friend has done the online dating thing. But you have to be careful and pick and choose who are the losers and someone you may be interested in. Good Luck in your Endeavors.

HaydensMommy007
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:34 AM

I tried it. Had a bad overall experience, too many guys saw my pics and wanted to just hook up and I wasnt in to that. the moment I stopped trying so hard to find a man was the moment the perfect one appeared

unspecified42
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I've used eHarmony and Match.com. I never really found anyone on eHarmony, but I met my ex boyfriend (who is a perfectly normal and great person, we just didn't connect) on Match.com. 

PipersMommy1004
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I have used a couple of the free ones listed. It was fun to look at who was out in the world. I come from a very small town, so it was helpful to meet someone from outside of town. Just be careful, as there are a lot of freaks out there. Do your homework. Where I live, we have topix.com, a website where you can vent or just talk badly about others. Look on there for the name. Be sure to meet in a public place, and above all DO NOT meet anyone that stirs your "women's intinition". Good luck!

gj28
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:38 PM

OKCUPID (free) It has a lot of questions and tests to find someone compatible.  I'm talking to someone now.  But I don't really rely on the internet.  I find it interesting.

petite101
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I actually met my fiance on Hot or Not! I was closing it down and saw his picture and fell in love lol!!

LiveBreatheSing
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM

All 3 I used are free - myyearbook.com (which is more for booty calls) okcupid.com (where I met my current 2-years-going father-of-my-son bf) and plentyoffish.com (where I made some awesome friends). Without a doubt, I would recommend the latter 2 - I met some great people from both sites.

Christiancafe.com is good too (if you're into Christians) and the free trial gets offered over and over and over again. I'm actually getting tired of seeing those in my inbox lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)