Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dry Socket Urg

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I was doing so good, well that was until 6am this morning I woke w/ horrible pain in my left side of my mouth, I drugged up & went back to sleep when I woke at 8am it was still killing me. Long story short I got to the dentist asap he packed it w/ this horrible tasting clover oil crud to leave there until Friday when he will remove it & the stitches. He said that when he cut & pulled that tooth, it did give him a lot of trouble coming out & bleeding so he believes blood may have gotten down there & dried up & caused an infection so I feel like I am back to square one. But I do know that I am starting to feel better & look forward to be able to be back to myself full throttle soon.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jeepingirrl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Ouch! I hear dry socket is VERY painful. Hope it heals soon!!!

mommyboyz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM

It was crazy bad, but I hope we caught it in time, b/c since he packed it, it has not hurt just still swollen. Thank you

I never thought this would happen to me b/c I heard you get dry socket from smoking or drinking through a straw b4 it heals. Well I don't smoke & have yet drinkin through a straw lol but it happens.

NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:13 AM

feel better

mclaren3433
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:29 AM

Yuck. I Hope You Feel Better.

jeckellette
by on Feb. 19, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Ouch!! Hope it's better for you now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)