Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fake friends vent

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

SO I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK WHO I WAS EITHER FRIENDS WITH IN HIGH SCHOOL LOST TOUCH AND THAN THEY SENT ME FRIEND REQUEST AND OTHERS WERE MY FRIENDS BEFORE I HAD MY DD.

WELL MY FRIENDS FORM HS HAVE KIDS MY DD AGE AND LIVE BY ME AND IM ALWAYS ASKING HEY DO U WANNA DO A PLAYDATE THEY EITHER SYA YES OR IGNORE ME. WHEN THEY SAY YES I ASK WHEN IS GOOD FOR YOU. I OPEN TO ANY DAY OR TIME CAUSE IM NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW EVNE THOUGH I AM LOOKING. AND THEY DONT WRITE BACK OR ANYTHING! THEY MAKE IT SEEM LIKE ITS A GOOD IDEA FOR THEYRE KID TO HAVE A PLAYDATE AND I GET EXCITED CAUSE THAN I CAN HAVE MOMMY FRIENDS. ITS REALLY PISSING ME OFF JUST TELL ME NO IF U DONT WANT TO YOUR NOT GOING TO HURT MY FEELINGS!!!!!

THAN THE FRIENDS WHO WERE MY FRIENDS BEFORE I HAD DD. IM JUST 2 SECS AWAY FROM DELETING THEM. SOME HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOR A FEW YRS OTHER ITS BEEN ALMOST TEN YRS THAT WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS. WHEN I MOVED TO AZ TO BE WITH MY EX I STILL KEPT IN CONTACT WITH THEM AND TALKED TO THEM AND IF I WAS IN TOWN I ALWAYS TRIED TO HANG WITH THEM. BUT EVEN THAN THEY WOULD IGNORE ME! ONE FRIEND EVEN SAID SHELL COME TO DD BDAY SHE CALLED AND SAID SHELL BE A LITTLE LATE AND THATS THE LAST I HEARD FROM HER I EVEN TXTED HER AND ASKED HER WHAT HAPPENED CAUSE SHE SAID SHE WOULD COME AND IF SHE LIKE TO HANG OUT AFTER DD GOES TO BED I WANTED TO GO OUT TO THE BAR FOR A DRINK WITH HER STILL NO WORD. WELL NOW IVE MOVED BACK AND I SAW HER ONCE AND THAN MY LIFE GOT TURNED UPSIDE DOWN AND NEED FRIENDS WHO WERE CLOSE AND STILL NOTHING!! I KNOW THEY WORK AND WANT TO GO OUT AND HAVE FUN BUT THATS WHY I ALWAYS PLAN SOMEHTING DURING THE DAY CAUSE I DONT GO OUT CAUSE I HAVE NO MONEY AND I PLAN THINGS THAT DONT SPEND MONEY LIKE PARK PLAY AND WHAT NOT BUT THEY STILL DONT ANSWER ME VIS TXT OR FB BUT THEY ANSWER OTHER PEOPLE PUT UP HOW THEY ARE GOING PLACES LIKE THE RODEO AND I COMMENT HAVE FUN WE NEED TO HANG.

IM JUST DONE WITH IT!!! IM TRIED OF TRYING WITH ALMOST EVERYONE ON MY LIFE TO KEEP THEM IN MY LIFE AND THEY DONT GIVE ME THE SMALLEST HELP...I GET THEY HAVE MORE FREEDOM THAN ME AND HAVE OTHER FRIENDS BUT HOW HARD IS IT TO GO EAT LUNCH WITH A FRIEND. I TRY ASKING TO HANG WHEN I HAVE MONEY. IM JUST FREAKING FEED UP WITH THIS. IVE DEALT WITH THIS BS MY WHOLE LIFE! I HAVE 4 FRIENDS WHO HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE MILES APART AND AT LEAST WOULD RESPOND TO ME. I DONT GET PEOPLE TODYA AND HOW THEY CAN BE SOOO SELF ADSORB!!! I DONT EVEN ASK FO RMUCH I TRY PLANNING STUFF DURING THE DAY AND AROUND NAP TIME SO IT WONT TAKE AWAY FROM THEYRE SINGLE NIGHT LIFE OR AFTER THEY WORK SOMETHING SMALL LIKE MEETING UP AT THE MALL TO SIT AND TALK WHILE DD PLAYS!!!

IS IT CAUSE I HAVE A KID OR SOMETHING MORE

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
UrbanSoccerMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM

sometimes yes... the friends I had before I had my son are TOTALLY different than the ones I have now. All my friends now are moms... just worked out that way!

angelcatia
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM

If you figure out the answer to this, PLEASE let me know. I have more than a few friends on FB, but I don't bother trying to talk to them because they cant be bothered to answer. Same thing with people I used to hang out with. I know a few people who have children the same age as my DD, and while they say they would like to do play dates, it hasn't happened yet. My daughter is an only child and while she has cousins close to her age, they aren't around often for her to play with. She needs some friends to play with and mommy would really like to have some adult conversation every once in a while.

acastle2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I remember going thru this I just gave up and posted crap about flakers. I have one steady bestie and then a semi steady bestie she dicks out on everyone when she gets a BF so we all know the deal. One friend BIG flaker always wanted to do something then flake out not call back text back etc well so of course she has a kid and learns how shitty it is when people flake she posted something I called my bestie told her she laughed then i politely put "ya it sucks i have been there quite a few times with people I have known for years I guess everyones phone just decides to die at the same time huh" b/c that was always her excuse I see it as they will get the same thing coming to them try and look on http://www.meetup.com/ and set up playdates there they normally have quite a few things to do which is awesome i have signed up but never got the chance to go to one give it a shot meet new people sometimes people are meant to stay in the past

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM
I lost 95% of my so called friends when I had DS. I got tired of being the only one trying.
jeckellette
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Just give it up. If you're not worth their time, then they are not worth yours. Quit wasting your time and efforts. Friendship is a 2 way street....at least it's supposed to be...not just one friend always putting in the effort just to get blown off or forgotten about. And no, it's not a good feeling...but maybe you can meet some new mommy friends and playdates for your child/ren. Now that my daughter is in school, she's made more friends, had a lot more play dates...and I know I'm welcome to stick around for them and have some mommy time, but lately, I've had other things that I need to get done. But the time will come when you will find some new friends...or the others will grow up and realize what it feels like when they have kids of their own. Just try not to let it get you down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)