Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
Im starting to regret my decision of leaving my ex. My parents are wanting me to hand over custody of my 4 year old dd to them so my ex who isnt her father cant get here. Because in this state if the "father" has raised any kid more then 2 years then they have legal custody rights of the kids. So they are wanting me to sing over my rights to them of her. Then wed we have court and since i wasnt able to get an atty to be able to start the paternity action the case is going to go to dhs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM

hugs

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Why did you leave him? Will he go for joint custody? Do what you think is best for you and your lo
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I'm a little confused. Why do you not want him to see the child? It would take a horrific crime against my child to make me take my child away from a father who loves her and an even bigger crime to get me to sign my child over to my parents or anyone else.

CMcDougal
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM
How would you signing over your rights prevent him from doing anything? I don't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeepingirrl
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I think your parents are trying tomake your life decisions. What is the reason you do not want your daughter to see your ex?

camommy08
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:13 PM

i think you need to tell your parents that this is your kid...you can take care of her and you not some deadbeat mom who needs her parents to raise ehr kid..yes you need help right now but that help is (if this is what happening) living with them again until u can get your self situated to get your own place with your dd...does the ex want custody over the kid? were u guys married? i think whatever kis issues you and your ex have need to be worked out between u and who ever handling whatever court stuff u have going on!

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Even if you sign your rights over to your parents, the "father" has to be willing to do the same or its a no go. And if he finds out your willing and signing them over, then he can get her. I wouldn't sign  my rights over at all....I would just keep going with what your doing. Good luck

faren128
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:11 PM
My ex isnt my 4 yo dd father. But he raised her since she was 1 so by law he has rights. And i left my ex cause he was abusive towards me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)