Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to scream! *vent*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just wanted to vent...

I was woken at 2:30am by my ex basically texting me that our daughter (3 yo) has a brother about 9 months older than her, it seems.  He writes this like he is just now discovering... WHATEVER! He even told me the name of the supposed other mother. I text him back stating how dare he wake me up to tell me this crap, etc, etc... I so badly wanted to tell him what I thought of him, but I restrained myself.   When my daughter was born, my ex and I had been together about 3 1/2 years, and were technically engaged/common-law.  My ex was a lying and unfaithful SOB, so I kicked him out when our daughter was 1 yo.   It seems this other woman was one I had known about his flirting with on MySpace, but I was unaware it had gone that far.  Now, I am very upset emotionally- I feel like I am having to re-live this memory of the crap he put me through... 

How would you feel, and what do I do?  This 'sperm donor' gets visitations every Sunday, and hasn't paid child support since May... I still have to deal with this guy, and now I hate him more than ever.  I feel like I am being abused all over again with his late night announcement.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acastle2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Hugs it seems like he was gloating and throwing it in your face on what he did to you they do things just to get a rise out of you and its sad but at least you didn't tell him what you thought of him again hugs to you :)

kirstn007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:16 PM

sorry i hope u can just let it go. i know how it is to relive something and it hurts all over but dont give it any of your time or dont sit and dwell on its past.

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:16 PM

theres really nothing you can do about other kids. if you stay angry, as long as you dont do it in front of DD. but just hope that he treats the kids equally and well and takes care if his responsiblity as a dad. maybe to "get back" at him, befriend the mom, have playdates, but do it sincerely

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Hugs! I'm sorry he was probably drunk. Don't hurt your child over your anger
NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM

im sorry

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM

While it would piss me off royally, I'd remind myself that it's in the past and there's nothing that can be done about it anyway. I also wouldn't answer the phone or texts in the middle of the night.

Peppermintred
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Just take satisfaction knowing that when the kids are older they will see what a sleazeball their father is.

RetroDawn
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Quoting Peppermintred:

Just take satisfaction knowing that when the kids are older they will see what a sleazeball their father is.

I realised today that when my daughter gets older, she is going to do the math for her birthday, and her other "siblings" and realise what a dipsh*t her father really was.  This guy should be on Maury Povich!

Thanks everyone for the posts!! It helped me put this into perspective.  Now I really know I won't see child support :) Oh well.... 

you rock

jeckellette
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Been there in a way. Found out about the sperm donor cheating on me back in the beginning of our relationship....after our relationship had ended. It made me angry at first but then I just didn't care...it was just one more thing to make me glad I was no longer with the SOB and that he really didn't deserve me. Just proved the fact that he is a giant douche bag all over again. try to look at it that way.

athenaheim
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Sry hun hope u get to feeling better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)