Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sigh

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

I am finally getting over my pride and applying for disability . I have been avoiding this like the plague in hopes I would somehow get a magic cure from my severe depression and social anxiety . But that never happened and isn't going to happen. The anxiety is getting worse the older I get it seems. I am a different person online than IRL. And I hate it . But I haven't been able to work since 2001 . And I know it is a huge strain on my family to help me with my DD since her bio dad isn't helping financially . I know I need Disability for more reasons than just financial help . I need to be getting the proper medications and therapy to actually some what function. Can't do that at this time. But since I will be filing a claim I can go and not pay and when I am approved then medicaid and medicare can pay bills going back up to when I started going. I am just dreading this whole thing though. I hate to think I need it , but I know I do , but its hard to admit it .Also Social Security denies just about everyone so I know I will have to get a Lawyer and go to see the disability Judge in a court room. And will have to hear all the bad stuff , ie my medical history and my mental hospital evaluations etc. I will be amazed if I don't have a break down in front of the judge because no one wants to hear the harsh reality of what your Dr's think or a Mental Hospital thought. Its kind of like reliving it I guess , I dread that. Also their ( Social Security) Lawyer will be trying so hard to prove I can work blah blah blah . And I know that will get to me also. But right now I am trying to push that out of my mind as much as possible . And push through this process. Trying to think of how better off I will be and my DD , also my family will be with all this burden off our shoulders. Thanks for reading this book . I am kind of embarrassed to even talk about this but oh well lol. Wish me luck girls I will need it for the next oh 18-24 months lol.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Bump : )

animebuddy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

It's ok.  Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do.  Good luck with the proccess.

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Quoting animebuddy:

It's ok.  Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do.  Good luck with the proccess.

kaitsmom247
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM

its not a weakness to admit you need help and surely doesnt make you weak to get the help you need. That just makes you smart and courageous! Good Luck with the process!

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Quoting kaitsmom247:

its not a weakness to admit you need help and surely doesnt make you weak to get the help you need. That just makes you smart and courageous! Good Luck with the process!

crazybusymama3
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM
I sometimes feel the same...I have anxiety so bad...and depression...I have been fighting the SS thing too...but last week I found a job and I start in about two and half weeks...I nervous as HELL!! I have a million things going on in my head...will I be able to keep this job? What if my kids are sick? Will they fire me? Im so scared too...........
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I hope everything goes well for you !!! It bites to have a mental disorder(s). So I know what its like all to well with the anxiety attacks and depression . Good Luck with your Job : )

Quoting crazybusymama3:

I sometimes feel the same...I have anxiety so bad...and depression...I have been fighting the SS thing too...but last week I found a job and I start in about two and half weeks...I nervous as HELL!! I have a million things going on in my head...will I be able to keep this job? What if my kids are sick? Will they fire me? Im so scared too...........

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM

good luck hope you get it.

crazybusymama3
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Thanks...Im gonna give it a good ole try at least!

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

I hope everything goes well for you !!! It bites to have a mental disorder(s). So I know what its like all to well with the anxiety attacks and depression . Good Luck with your Job : )

Quoting crazybusymama3:

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Just be patient. I know from experience it is very time consuming and emotional. Your best bet is to get an attorney immediately when you get your first denial. Make sure your doctor documents every single complaint that you have and takes good notes. Keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)