Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think i should quit my job? and start looking for a new one?what would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM
  • 25 Replies

Since my b/f's death all i do at work is cry, and i know its because im sitting in an office all by myself and i cant stop thinking about him.....I think if i was around people it would be better. I just dont have the motivation to search for a new job though...but my eyes are so raw from crying the last 2 days at work all day..

Im just alone all day at work in an office bymyself, then i come home and am so tired and upset its so hard going on like this....i dont know how to make it better.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMsMommy212
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

it couldnt hurt to look? I wouldnt leave until I had something else to go to, but a change of scenery may do you some good. (hugs)

AdensMama0308
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Don't be hasty about quitting - it's hard to get a new job these days. If you're really eager to find a new one, do it... but I'd keep the job you currently have while you're at it. When you find something new, THEN quit.

Good luck to you!

Chanel5nyc
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM
You shouldn't quit. Maybe you need talk to someone like a therapist or a support group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM

u need to find some one to to talk to maybe get some Rx .. i would look wile i was still workin ..no matter what u still have kids to care for ..hugs Hun !!!

Tashia07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Is there a way that you can get out of your office an interact with your coworkers? But I agree with Shanell and you may need to speak with someone like a therapist. You don't have to internalize your lost. Don't quit until you have something lined up!

camommy08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM

can u look for a job before u quit. i hope it gets better

cara124
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM

honestly you need to keep your job and get help with the emotional loss of your BF because its not about the job it about your emotional well being.....i'm  so sorry your hurting...please try to find a suport group near you and dont give up on your job......if your feeling weepy , get up and move around or go to a break room and get coffee.....just do something but dont give up ....

owl0210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this doesn't compare but I was going through a divorce after going back to work from maternity leave. I would cry in my office and even in the cafeteria but I was in therapy and it helped tremendously. Have you thought about seeing a professional? 

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM
It is so hard to get a job now a days I wouldn't quit until you have something secured. Talk to someone and maybe some meds will help. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time emotionally.  I agree with PP's that you should try to find someone you can talk to.  If you're serious about wanting another job, then look for one while you're still working.  It's hard to find jobs these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)