Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you tell or keep it a secret?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM
  • 31 Replies

Hi. :) Been a while since I've been here. Finally got my dad cremated last week and should get his remains back soon. :) Anyways, my question is about my ex(again lol) So my ex has 3 kids: My 6yr old, a 4yr old and 7 month old. My ex is only (supposed to be) paying child support for my son. He is supposed to be paying $50 a month to pay off his $818 in arrears and thats it. His other son he doesnt pay for because the mother took him off child support all together. My question is about the 3rd child. Child support doesnt know anything about this 3rd child. She was born @ 22 weeks last August and is still in the NICU.If child support found out about this 3rd child they would most likely put him on child support. The baby is the reason I suspended child support for my son because I thought my ex should be there for his daughter. My question is if I keep this information to myself could this affect me in any way? Like if child support found out that my suspension was for his daughter? I know this is long and kinda confusing but thanks for reading and commenting :)

ETA: I suspended the child support in Sept. of 2010 with the intentions of it only being suspended for one year to allow my ex to get his life together. My ex and I spoke about 2 weeks ago about the whole child support issue regarding my son and he told me not to go running my mouth about his business and to keep his daughter out of the whole situation.

So what I am ultimately asking is when I go to reinstate the child support,  IF I am asked in court why I suspended child support for my son and I give another reason other than the true reason can I get in trouble if the truth is discovered later on?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I don't know if you could be "punished" for keeping the secret, but it makes no sense. Actually, your ex and the new woman should be stand up enough to report it themselves, it's not your responsibility. It makes even less sense that you would deny your child the financial support the father owes to take care of him just because he fathered another child. It is your ex's responsibility to care for ALL of his children at ALL times until they are 18 or out of school.  I know your heart was in the right place and I admire you for trying to help, but your ex OWES it to his son to take care of him financially.

star33
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM
I agree.besides,$50 isn't much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
athenaheim
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Idk but I don't think they can do anything to u personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Agreed .

Quoting Robsessed98:

I don't know if you could be "punished" for keeping the secret, but it makes no sense. Actually, your ex and the new woman should be stand up enough to report it themselves, it's not your responsibility. It makes even less sense that you would deny your child the financial support the father owes to take care of him just because he fathered another child. It is your ex's responsibility to care for ALL of his children at ALL times until they are 18 or out of school.  I know your heart was in the right place and I admire you for trying to help, but your ex OWES it to his son to take care of him financially.

LancesMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM

How would you know that it needed to be reported? I wouldn't worry about it!

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:43 PM

What you do for you is one thing, but taking him on and off child support, they are gonna look into it more. IDK about being "punished" for it, but they may look into it. But he is only paying 50 a month for you, its not that bad it won't kill him. Does he have a job? If so, I'm sure he can pay for the other child as well. JMO

Kissybratzmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

Agreed .

Quoting Robsessed98:

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Quoting Robsessed98:

Group MOD  Group MOD
CafeMom Tickers

camommy08
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:55 AM

idk but i hope it doesnt. that veyr cool of u for suspended child support cuase his youngest is in nicu...is there anyway a "friend" can call and ask could u get in trouble if u with hold information like that

SexyDiva19
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Quoting Robsessed98:

I don't know if you could be "punished" for keeping the secret, but it makes no sense. Actually, your ex and the new woman should be stand up enough to report it themselves, it's not your responsibility. It makes even less sense that you would deny your child the financial support the father owes to take care of him just because he fathered another child. It is your ex's responsibility to care for ALL of his children at ALL times until they are 18 or out of school.  I know your heart was in the right place and I admire you for trying to help, but your ex OWES it to his son to take care of him financially

My ex is OBLIGATED to pay child support, I'm not saying that he isn't but what's the use of going back and forward to court over and over when he just WON'T pay?! As far as him and his other child, I wasn't sure if child support could penalize me for not telling the truth. When I suspended the child support last September, the judge asked me why and I told him because my ex didn't have a job instead of I'm suspending it for his daughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)