Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So over it! help me decide! (long)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm mainly writing this to get my thoughts out there adn hopefully make a good decision. =)

I'm graduating March 22, but my last official day of school is the 11th.

I got the okay to attend the Japanese class at the community college. It goes from March 28-June 11. (I'm hoping people will drop so i can take their place--- if no one drops, i cant really attend the class. but its normal for people to drop; dont like the class, fin aid didnt come through, etc)

I do want to go for my construction management... but i DONT want to go to my current school... but no other schools will accept the credits from there. ALL of my current teachers are telling me to NOT go back to this school-- its a "good school", but price-wise, it sucks (about 50 grand for 2 years!) So either way, i gotta go to this schoool, in order to get my bachelors in construction management...  Unless i just forget CM altogether. =(

JPN is hard for me... i was failing the first week in, back in high school! college level is even harder/demanding.

In order for me NOT to have to pay back my student loans (the 210/month, starting in April), i have to be PT at my current school.... but the CM degree is all night time classes (6-11pm)... but i can take the general education classes online-- which i suck at.

So i can take the JPN class, plus 2 online courses... but to be fully honest, i do NOT want to go back into school mode just yet. I want the summertime off (i will still do Japanese though)... but between the two schools, this quarter will end mid-June, still kinda giving me the summertime.

I feel like i'm only wanting to go to my current school, so i dont have to pay back the loans just yet.... but if i go for my CM degree, it means LESS time with DS... i NEED to get a job soon, then he'll be in school 4 hours a day (in Aug)... then i'll be in school 5 hours a day... meaning; he'd be in daycare/school from 8-4 (my hopefull work hours), then back at the sitters from 5-11pm (my class time), literally giving me NO TIME with him!

Or i could just give up my CM dream, stay with an associates in computer-aided design and drafting, go for Japanese and get a career in CAD/D

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM

yep... writing it out didnt help me at all!

Kallie16
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM
You can contact your lender to request a forbearance on your loan if you don't really want to be back I school right now. You may also qualify for an unemployment deferment. Just call your lender. They will be willing to work with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM

the school loan wont work like that. =( they did say to just make any type of payment, even $20.

i think i'm gonna give up my CM dream. i really want it... but if i get a FT job, then go for CM-- i'd be away from DS from 8am until 11pm-- and i cant do that. it'll give me NO time with him, except in the AM-- maybe!

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:55 PM

If it's really your dream and you truly want it, I say go for it... I believe it will be worth it in the end.

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:32 PM
If its your dream do it you will regret it in the long run
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)