Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Scab on stitches. If you know about taking them out I have a question.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I got stitches two weeks ago and today I'm getting them removed. I'm a bit nervous not cuz they hurt ( I know they wont) but I have a scab on the scar/kinda over the stitches. How will that affect the DR as far as taking out the stitches? Do they have to cut under the scab to get to the stitches that are kinda covered? I did everything on the paper and it still formed a scab.

by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Not sure. I have only had staples and the skin started growing over the staples towards the end of the incision. I had a c-section and had the staples removed 5 days later. That was a little tender.

acastle2
by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM
theyve just undid one for me and pulled felt weird lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitsmom247
by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM

can you call dr or the nurse to ask what to do before you go?

i do know hydrogen peroxide will loosen the scabs. ive had to put it on a scab once to remove a bandage. it made the bandage removal painless. However i would ask before you did anything.  

MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I called my DR and talked to the nurse and she said not to worry about it. They will work around it, not to put anything on it. So I suppose I wont worry about it.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM
We work around it don't worry about it it more just feels funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 1:59 PM

They will just gently nudge the stitches out of the scab. They might not cut it off since the wound is healing hence the scab lol. I got a HUGE wart on my knee removed yrs ago ,I had it since I was 9 yrs old and it would bleed all the time and it was big as a Quarter by the time I got it taken out. The wart had a root that went into the bone in my knee so the Dr had to cut it wider and deeper to chisel a bit on my knee to get the root so it wouldn't grow back. So I had liquid stitches inside and reg stitches to close it up. A scab formed over all of the stitches.The Dr just got some peroxide and bubbled the stitches up and nudged them up and out of the scab with tweezers and then cut them and pulled them out. Never bothered the scab and the scab never bled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN