Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think I might Die from Shock!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

Checking the statements for my child support card to see how much I received last year to fill out my fafsa and THERE WAS A PAYMENT MADE! First time in almost a year! I think I might die from shock! But i'm sure it's just that he got his unemployment back and they are taking it out of the check. Not complaining, just had to tell someone. :)jaw drop

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RissyLee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Woo hoo!  Even 1 payment is awesome!

josiahmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:32 AM

yay!

kcook55
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 AM

yay

kaitsmom247
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Awesome! And I didnt think you had to claim child support on fasfa. either way, glad you got something!

jeckellette
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Woohoo!! Hopefully it's more than the lousy 75 cents I get a month.

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM

:-)  I have that feeling sometimes!  Mine will go months without paying and then suddenly his employment will change or something and - poof - I get a payment.  Of course, since I can't find him and am actually hoping to be able to claim abandonment at some point, it's really annoying when this happens after 11 months! 

And yes, you do have to claim child support on the FAFSA.  You're required to claim it on just about any type of income based aid.  Basically if you have to make UNDER a certain amount to qualify for something, you have to claim CS.  If you have to make OVER a certain amount to qualify for something, you don't have to claim CS.  You also don't have to claim CS on taxes since the NCP already pays taxes on it. 

They are doing better, though, about only making you claim the amount you actually get, not the amount ordered.  5-years ago there were still lots of places around here that didn't do that and made you count the amount ordered.  It meant my friend didn't qualify for some services for her kids because she was listed as making too much even when she didn't actually get that money.  It stunk! 

MamaHens3
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:17 PM

That's awesome! An one is good, more would be better yet hey one is good. 

I got papers, or got it through temp support yet have yet to see anything. *shrugs* The main, court date for it is the 28th of this month for final judgement and I got a feeling AFTER that. If it hasn't gone though, I'll be able to save a good sum of money and feel more at ease with money more then not. He's 4 months in the rear, and that adds on to what he owes me. YEY add more, this man is SOL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)