Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hookie :-)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
As a single, full-time working mom, I get discouraged that DD and I don't get the one-on-one time we always need. So I called in sick- we made breakfast, played dress up, watched a movie and now we're laying on the couch --nap for her soon. I'm not even feeling guilty about it either. I haven't called in sick in over a year and WE need this unexpected day off! Anyone else do this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Nope...I've had to take too many days from her just being sick so I don't take them just for the heck of it.  If I could I would tho!  Have fun!

leahbeah143
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I would if I had the PTO!

adahmama
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM
It seems like if I know I have an extra day off-a holiday per se, I make plans to do extra chores or run a dreaded errand or whatever. We both made it thru flu season without getting sick, and it wasn't planned ---for the first time in months I'm living in the NOW with DD...and it feels good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM

That is great you two had such a good time. I think that it was well deserved time off for the both of you. Its okay to play hookie every once in a while ; )

adahmama
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Yay! My mom is trying to make me feel guilty and irresponsible...phooey! Finding happiness is responsible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathier
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:02 PM

My oldest DD, who is 18, has been asking alone time with me.  I also have 16 yr old twins and its hard to do since I can't leave my son alone, God knows what he'll do(he has no sense of danger-Austic) well she had a doctor's appt at 2p.m. so since she had a study hall before her last class I signed her out at 11:30 and we went to the mall, had lunch and talked.  It was real great!!!  She even thanked me for "hanging" with her and posted on her Facebook How she had a great day hanging with mom.  Sometimes you have to go out of the norm and just make the time.  It  is rewarding in the long run

'

adahmama
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Yay for you! I hope DD still wants to hang with me in her teen years- she's only 3 now, so we'll see...I know that FB post warmed your heart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kevinfsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Good for you! Don't let anyone make you feel guilty! Have fun today!

LovinLiv
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM
That's awesome!! I'm glad you are having fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)