Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just realized...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

that when DS goes to school, I'll be saying "Yes, i'm a 23 mom of a 5 year old"... for some reason, I fear those looks. It didnt matter me much when I was 16-17, being pregnant.. or even being a mom now.. but I feel that this somehow is making it official...?

One of the questions for the registration was "Age of mom during time of pregnancy"... and for some reason, it got to me. kinda torn between why does it matter if i was only 16/17 years old? But then I know that the other moms there, will be 10+ years older than me.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nappeal
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I feel the same way when situations like that arise...its strange to say @ 26 I'll have a 10 year old, and its definitely strange around women who also have 10 yr olds but are 10 yrs older then me lol.

leone79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Most of the moms in my youngest sons class are at least 5 years older than me.... and they are there with their oldest! I was 20 when I had my oldest and it bothered me a lot, always felt Luke I was being judged. I've always allowed people to believe I'm older than I am because of if. I know it doesn't matter, but I still feel judged sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I feel that way when I have to fill out about BD info. I always put not sure because I am not calling him for anything unless its an emergency .

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM

lol i didnt even put anything in about BD. i did say that BD wasnt involved under any "family issues or concerns" that they might need to know.

i'm also really not looking forward to any father's day type things. like DS knows of/about his bio-dad, but i dont think he really understands that people have a live-in father, or a dad who's really involved with their kids and stuff. =( any daddy and son stuff- he wont be able to do. it just sucks.

acastle2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM

umm what does it matter how old you were when you were pregnant

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:09 PM

for the questionaire thing to register him? i think since "older" (40 and above) woman have complications with their children. like there's a higher chance of certain things; down syndrome, etc. i personally feel that it doesnt matter, but "medically"- who knows. they also asked if there was any birth complications and stuff-- which makes more sense to ask, than the age of mom!

kcook55
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM

i'm 25 and ds is in kindergarten and all the moms are 30 and up and i'm the only single mom and there to good to speak to me but i really dont care and age is just a number

aj23
by Amanda on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Around here you would be the norm. I'm actually older than a lot of moms with kids my sons age. I'll be 30 when he is 5. Most of the moms had kids either in or right out of high school.

ms.sophsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM
I wasn't a teen mom and I'm feeling old just thinkin tht dd is almost 2 lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Also it doesn't matter hw old u were while pregnant. I'm sure its hard to get past sometimes bt as long as ur doing the best u cn to raise ur child ur age doesn't matter- be proud tht ur one of the teen moms tht grew into a good mom n responsible woman :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)