Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy birthday my ass

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
  • 19 Replies

That song...it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to...that would be me, if I was much of a cryer...but I'm not. Instead I try to put on a happy face and act like things don't bother me as much as they do.

And even though they really shouldn't, they kind of are. I really think I'm done trying to celebrate my birthday in any way. Today, I turn 26. This past weekend, a friend of mine was going to take me out to dinner and a movie for my birthday. And I was so excited to be getting out of the house to do something other than go to the grocery store or the doctor...I was soo looking forward to it. Saturday rolled around and I heard from him...work had kept him over. So he was going to sleep for a couple of hours and then come get me to go and do something. Well, he couldn't get up and get himself moving. I figured that was going to be the case. I understand that it was work and not his fault, so I was not mad at him. Told him to get some rest and we could try again the next day. Well, Sunday rolled around and I got a text from him saying sorry. He was helping his dad because the garage roof collapsed from the big rain we had a couple of weeks ago. So I told him do what he had to do and that family was more important. And it is, I get that, I'm still not mad at him.

I am however, insanely bummed that I didn't get to go out and do anything fun for my birthday over the weekend. And I had even gotten a baby sitter. My dad agreed to watch Carlie for me if I made him some peanut butter cookies. So I made him the cookies for nothing. I also made my buddy some brownies for his birthday...really late, but I was so proud I remembered to make them for him, months and months after I brought it up and told him the next time I saw him, I would make them for him. So I made those for nothing too. But I was really hoping to get out of the house for my birthday. I even made a wish on Wish Upon A Hero for whatever really...something to make my birthday a happy one. A few people sent me a few cards with a couple bucks in them each...and I'm very grateful for that. But it wasn't enough to go out and do anything.

My mom made me chicken patty sandwiches and potato salad and birthday brownies for dinner yesterday. It was good.

But most of my family that used to send cards, didn't. Birthdays just suck anymore. Today, has been boring. No phone calls, no visits from friends...just laying around doing nothing...and depressed about it...like I've been depressed about a lot of things lately. I was hoping for something...idk. I'm trying to keep a happy face on and hide my disappointment. It's tough though. But I think I'm done trying to celebrate in any way.

Maybe I'll try celebrating my un-birthday next year...6 months after my birthday, I will go backwards...instead of turning 27 next year on March 28th....6 months later I will turn 25.. haha. Not really, but it was a funny thought.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this out and listening to me vent.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMsMommy212
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I would have been disappointed too

Happy birthday Kelly-- Hope it gets better (hugs)

animebuddy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Sorry your birthday sucked, but happy birthday.

I think as we get older birthdays arent as exdciting as they used to be.  If it makes you feel better, I dont usually do anything but go out to eat on my Birthday.

Cheer up! ((Hugs))

jeepingirrl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I  know how ya feel. I used to always go out for my birthday...it was a huge deal to my family and friends. One of my other girlfriends b-days is a week before mine so we would always get a limo and  go out and party our asses off. After havingmy kids though I just do not do it anymore : (

oh and.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

jeckellette
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Thank you=)

Quoting AMsMommy212:

I would have been disappointed too

Happy birthday Kelly-- Hope it gets better (hugs)

jeckellette
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Thank you.

Going out to eat would have been fantastic. I haven't been out for anything other than the grocery store or doctor appointments in quite some time....and my last night out was almost a year ago. But oh well.

Quoting animebuddy:

Sorry your birthday sucked, but happy birthday.

I think as we get older birthdays arent as exdciting as they used to be.  If it makes you feel better, I dont usually do anything but go out to eat on my Birthday.

Cheer up! ((Hugs))

jeckellette
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Thank you momma!

Quoting jeepingirrl:

I  know how ya feel. I used to always go out for my birthday...it was a huge deal to my family and friends. One of my other girlfriends b-days is a week before mine so we would always get a limo and  go out and party our asses off. After havingmy kids though I just do not do it anymore : (

oh and.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Aww : (

My family stopped celebrating my B-day when I was 14. I haven't had a birthday party since then . So I am used to it. But it still makes me sad that no one wants to celebrate my birthday. I will never stop celebrating DD's b-day ever!! Also my fam will celebrate my siblings b-day's but not mine. I don't know what is up with them. Playing favorites and I am not a family fave at all.

kevinfsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

birthday sweetpeaSorry about the weekend!

cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Awww...happy birthday hun.  I never get to do anything good for my bday either.  :(

jeckellette
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Aww. I feel you. I don't recall ever having an actual birthday party. My little brother had at least one though. I won't stop celebrating my daughter's birthday or getting her gifts for her birthday either...I don't want her to grow up to not enjoy her birthday or dread it coming around. It's not supposed to be a sad day...

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

Aww : (

My family stopped celebrating my B-day when I was 14. I haven't had a birthday party since then . So I am used to it. But it still makes me sad that no one wants to celebrate my birthday. I will never stop celebrating DD's b-day ever!! Also my fam will celebrate my siblings b-day's but not mine. I don't know what is up with them. Playing favorites and I am not a family fave at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)