Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you tell... vent kinda long ( update in blue)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok so my parents are supper controlling. if you havnt read in my previous posts.

well my DBD is back and sees to no longer be a DBD which is great. so i decided to take precaution and call up the court house. well my mom's friend knows everything about custody and what not. so i call p my mom to ask whenever she gets a chance at work if she can ask her friend ( which is her assistant) the number to the court house for this info.

she starts freaking out. and asks me why. i just tell her i need info. she keeps asking me "what info? for what? why?" i tell her because i need it and tell her good bye. ttyl

she calls 2 hours later during her break asking me why do i need it. and she has it. i just need to tell her why.  

i told her everything. then after telling her that i need information to see what will happen if he now wants to be in her life. she gave me the number. she then told me that if i start going back with him then i will loose everything.

like what the fuck?? im so sick of this.

how do you deal with parents that want to control your every move. and if you dont let them they automatically think " oh shit shes going back with him. shes going to screw up with everything"

advise??  

ok so today i was talking to my mom. and i was telling her how i think its great how my DBD is no longer going to be a DBD. she kept tellling me that ya it is. but my DD is not going to be able to stay with him. that he may only come and see her and thats it. when she is 4 thats when she can go ahead and go to the mall with him. but she may not go ahead and spend the night. she said " me, and you and your dad are the parents now. he lost his chance." i was like WTF??? when did i agree to you being the parents??? i am the mom i make those decisions. i dont get it. i told my friends who are single moms as well and they think its great whats going on and that my parents are being super weird about it all.

URGHH!!!! they are seriously making me mad and pushing me away... idk what else to do or how much more i can take.... i hate being in an enviroment were everything i do is wrong or someone has more of a right than i do when it comes to my child....

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
josiahmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I would tell them to fuck off. If you are trying to establish custody then do it. They need to trust u. Gl.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:45 PM
I'm going thru the same thing mama sorry I can't help u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nena09alc
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM

its ok. atleast im not the only one with this problem.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I'm going thru the same thing mama sorry I can't help u

josiahsmommie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Ditto, im on da same boat with u ladies. Ive learned to ignore wat they tell me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:58 PM

i'm kinda in teh same boat... my mom is like fuck no.. my dad is like umm, its your decision but dont be stupid. lol but in the end DBD has remained as a DBD.. lol

just tell them kindly, that if you dont get custody set up, would they rather have him come up and just take the baby? or have a custody order in place forcing him to give the baby back to you? (not saying that'd happen, but you might have to go into extremes with the parents)

NewMama28
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:29 AM
Do your parents help you with your child?

I think it sucks as parents to try and help your kid through everything only to see them running right back to the person who hurt them. I think they just want what's best for you but probably come off as overbearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:17 AM

That's what I was thinking...

Quoting NewMama28:

I think it sucks as parents to try and help your kid through everything only to see them running right back to the person who hurt them. I think they just want what's best for you but probably come off as overbearing.

Nena09alc
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:53 AM

ya i know what you mean. its just that he is willing to help. and im excited for it. but my parents think he had is chance and now
they are helping me raise they child my moms quote " you, me and your dad are the parents now. he lost his chance.

Quoting cadeesmommy0120:

That's what I was thinking...

Quoting NewMama28:

Nena09alc
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Bumpbump

camommy08
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I live with my parents as well! It sucks I think theya re not putting alot of faith him which can be good and all and trying to keep you grounded. Meaning to not go off think to much. Yes they are being super control and need to tone it down. My parents let me do most of the parent help out every now and than but Im pretty much the parent.

I think you should let them know u arent gettin back with him that he just wants to be in your kids life again and that u are being smart by getting the info and protecting yourself

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)