Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats your thoughts?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

Man, i need to shower... lol not cuz i'm stinky but b/c i have my best ideas/thoughts in there. =)

So anyways, we all know that my son's dad decided to "run away" from rehab... they officially kicked him out so he's now officially on the run. Makes me sad b/c I really had hopes for him. Ah well. But it made me question!---

He's done everything that I've requested from him (for the most part); parenting classes, anger management, drug classes, etc. He's been outta rehab for about a week and he's still sober-- so only 7 more weeks. lol

But it made me think, since he did all of that- should I still allow him to see DS if he contacts me and asks? Or should I say "hell no- you're wanted now! stay away from us"?

Which would you do, or what other road would you take for this one?

This is all hypothetical. He's been out for almost a week and hasnt contacted us... mainly b/c he knows I'm gonna bitch at him for being really stupid. but regardless, what would you do?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazybusymama3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Personally I would not want my fugitive X around my kids...if it were me.

newfound09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I would go with the Hell no answer. :)

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I wouldn''t want him around my kid!! Only because I know that if ANYONE found out I was contacting him or he was contacting me and he is ON THE RUN, you can get into a lot of trouble NOT reporting it. good luck I hope it all works out though. 

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Quoting KailesMommy:

I wouldn''t want him around my kid!! Only because I know that if ANYONE found out I was contacting him or he was contacting me and he is ON THE RUN, you can get into a lot of trouble NOT reporting it. good luck I hope it all works out though. 

lol see, thats the thing... i kinda do plan on reporting it. maybe not officially, but eventually, we'll have a court date coming up. he's definitely not gonna show now and if i get the info on where he is, i'm definitely telling the district attorney (who's handling my case).

in the end, i feel that this is it. if/when he gets caught, he's looking at 5 years in prison-- DS will be 10 by then and hopefully, we wont even be living here! so we wouldnt have to worry about this crap.

lissa27504
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I have to say I'd probably go with hell no too just because I'd be too afraid that if I didn't report it right away something would happen to me and then my kids are screwed because their father isn't around and now I'm in trouble.

BTW, I do my best thinking in the shower too :)

ms.sophsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM
I'd say no.. especially because he is having drug/alcohol issues. If he is found n arrested u dnt want ur child to see tht or be hurt in a struggle etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM

No, you can't let him around your son because you'd be harboring a fugitive! Tell him to turn himself in and do his bit, then talk to you about seeing the baby.

RissyLee
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:41 AM

I agree.  You don't want to get yourself in trouble or anything.  I would just tell him he needs to get everything straight and clean up his act before he's a part of your son's life.  Your kiddo doesn't need that kind of influence in his life!

Quoting Robsessed98:

No, you can't let him around your son because you'd be harboring a fugitive! Tell him to turn himself in and do his bit, then talk to you about seeing the baby.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I would make him prove he is still clean....

josiahmom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Id leave him be and not worry bout him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)