Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first pride swallowing moment

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I had to ask for help for the first time. Setting up day care for dd and I found a super affordable one that I love but they wanted a deposit since she is not starting for three weeks, to hold the spot. Totally understandable except that I dont get paid for a week. So I sucked it up and asked for help. On one hand it was humiliating to have to ask for money. I am not use to being broke. I always manage. On the other hand so much stress just melted away.

I just have to remember I am not asking for help for my, its for dd.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LovinLiv
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Aww it's a very humbling experience asking for help. *hugs* but you're right, it's for your dd not for you. And it takes a lot of strength to admit you need that help, so good job! You did what your kid needs! And I'm glad you felt that burden melt away when you got that help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

It can be tough . But congrats on doing it !! That takes more guts than anything in the world. Pride can hurt you in the long run. But once you get over being prideful your life starts getting better and some what easier : )

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I know the feeling!! Its tough because you want to be the sole one to provide, but it happens. And its better than making your DD suffer!!! You are looking at it the right way hun.

LancesMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Congrats! You did the right thing! hugs!
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

*HUGS*

MommysAngels810
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I have to remember to let myself ask for help as well! The kids come first and damn our pride right?!?!? Good for you for finding a good cheap daycare. I hope all turns out well!

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Its tough but good daycare is hard to find. Is there any way you can do the deposit as a payment plan? My daycare did thar for me. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Asking for help is never easy, but sometimes you just have to have it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)