Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its kinda funny, but makes no sense!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

So when I first filed for CS, BD was working fulltime (plus pay and a half for over time-- he was working about 60 hours a week)... he was also making $16/hr (then OT: $24/hr-- about a grand a week)... Pretty good for a hs drop out, right? lol anyways!

so they had him paying about $280/month, with that amazing job!

i just got the paperwork about the review for CS and it went down to $240/month... How is that possible? I mean, this time- he has NO job whatsoever... but it only went down by $40?

Trust me- i'm not gonna get the money any time soon, but it kinda makes me laugh (i was really thinking Ds would only get the $50/month).. then i'm like aww, that sucks for him! he's gonna be in so much debt to this kid!

(according to the CS calculator online, it says that he would've had to pay $50- the bare minimum)

How is that even possible though?! like really? the dude really has NO job! how's he gonna afford it?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KailesMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Lol he may have a job and you just don't know yet?? IDK that  it funny though!!!!!

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

lol no, when they did the review, he was still in rehab... technically, he'd still be in rehab (until about mid-May- at the latest!).

when/if he does get a job, he never tells the office-- i always find out through somebody, then i gotta call and once he catches on that i know about it- he quits. Sigh.

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Wow he is a real...umm....."man" lol Sorry. I hope it works out, it just seems like he needs a wake up. lol

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

he had a wake up call a few times. lol i've given up on him.. its just the paperwork that really threw me off!

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Let it pile up... maybe he'll hit the lotto and they'll take out all the money he owes you :-)

athenaheim
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Did he quit his job? The more it piles up the more he is screwing himself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
U.S.ArmyWife
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:45 AM

what my mom was told by a judge, every year you should go and have it increased. of course we all are over the age of 18, and my father owes like 6 years of back child support, but we will never see it

kaitsmom247
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:50 AM

wow in MS its a percentage of their paycheck. one child is 14%, two is 20% of their pay. So i'm surprised the first amount was $280.

Either way, I hope you and your child get what yall are owed. and hahaha to the loser bd.

MamaHens3
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I hope you get what you are owed, and deserve for the your babes. I know in MI it's by your income, and more kids your more paying. 

My soon ex dh, he has to pay  700 dollars area pretty much and that's for 3 kids. An their going by his job he quit, and his new job he gets paid HALF of what he did. He went from 1200-1600 with bonuses, and he told the guy he makes maybe mid 500 range. I about crapped myself, and laughed out loud. He guy was even wow, why the switch to a new job from the pay you had to what you are making. Its for advancement, BUT wow wrong time to do this dumb ass! He has been there for 6 yrs, or was his old job and now he quits??? He quit too, so he didn't get fired so their counting as how much he can make an well he can make enough to give me money for the kids. An also keep himself a float, guess who's getting another job?? :) An he has a cat, and dog with the gf. An found out by the kids, he got a salt water set up he got fish for. Hmm really you are buying fish things, and random BS yet can't give me something for the kids?? YEAH, hope they bend him over and take his wallet an tell him you funked yourself over. Sorry we can't feel sorry, and he quit a job that was more then well off. He didn't move up farther, oh well he had a job that he knew he'd never be fired from. They held him on high reguards there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)