Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP WITH DAUGHTER

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:58 PM
  • 16 Replies

I NEED ADVICE ! ANY AND ALL MOMS PLEASE HELP! I HAVE A 15 YR OLD DAUGHTER. I TOOK HER PHONE FROM HER RECENTLY AND MY BF WAS CHECKING HER TEXT MESS. WHEN HE CAME ACROSS ONE THAT BLEW ME AWAY. THIS IS MY FIRST DAUGHTER AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO APPROACH  HER. THE MESS. WAS ABOUT HAVING SEX WITH A GUY FROM SCHOOL. SHE METIONED THAT SHE WAS A VIRGIN AND  WANTS TO GO ALL THE WAY. HELP  PLEASE HOW WOULD I APPROACH HER.    THANKS

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandy.emily
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM

If you are comfortable with it I would take her for birth control and have a serious discussion about sex and babies.  At this age, she will find a place to have sex if she is that determined.  The only thing you can do is monitor her like a hawk, teach her about sex and the consequences and protect her.  JMO

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Ummmm!!!!! lol Lock her in a room and put bars on her windows and sit out side her door taking turns. lol Sorry!!! But I would talk to her. Have you had the sex talk with her? About when she loves someone and all that?? Why did you have to take her phone away from her? Has she given you problems before? What about getting her on the pill? Don't freak out on her though because then she isn't going to talk to you for the littlest thing!! Just step back and breath mama

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Just don't be on her like a hawk. That will push her faster!!!!!!!

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM

totally agree-- teach her about sex, consequences, how to protect herself, etc. at 15, unless you lock her in her room and board up her window, she'll find a way if she really wants to. =(  hopefully a talk will make her want to wait a few years.

i did show my bro (12 at the time), pictures and stuff for STI/STD's and all that. he got grossed out. lol

josiahmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM

just give her the sex talk

RissyLee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I agree with what everyone else is saying.  Talk to her.  Make sure she understands all the consequences of sex.. STD's, babies, emotional, etc.  Talk to her about being safe and going on bc if you think she's really going to have sex.  It's always better to be safe than sorry.  I wouldn't freak out over it, because you don't want her doing it just because you make a big deal of it.  Kids have sex.. the best any parent can do is make sure they're safe and know what they're getting themselves into.

eviesmom453
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I would pull her out of school, bring her to the local jail AND adopt a newborn baby that she has to take care of. That should teach her! 

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM

This.

Quoting RissyLee:

I agree with what everyone else is saying.  Talk to her.  Make sure she understands all the consequences of sex.. STD's, babies, emotional, etc.  Talk to her about being safe and going on bc if you think she's really going to have sex.  It's always better to be safe than sorry.  I wouldn't freak out over it, because you don't want her doing it just because you make a big deal of it.  Kids have sex.. the best any parent can do is make sure they're safe and know what they're getting themselves into.

jenniepepsi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM

talk to her. on common ground. let her know that you understand what she is feeling, and that it is her decision to make whether to have sex or not (yes moms, even at 15, if they choose to, you cant stop it, they wlil find a way lol) BUT, let her know all the reprocussions, and, if you chose to have sex young as well, let her know that if you had known everything you do now, you would have watied (even if you wouldnt have lol, she doesnt need to know that)

and explain to her that sex is something that she should wait for until she is an adult. she will enjoy it much more as an adult rather than a teen, and just let her know that you are there to support her whatever she decides.

bottom line, support her, trust her, get her BC, and be there for her. this is the time  in a girls life when she needs her mother to be her friend and not JUST the parent (she needs both) and hoenstly, forbidding your teen from doing someing, is the FASTEST way to make sure they go out and DO it. and THEN keep it a secret from you and be afriad (or vindictive) to talk to you about it.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Totally agree w this. Good luck mama.

Quoting jenniepepsi:

talk to her. on common ground. let her know that you understand what she is feeling, and that it is her decision to make whether to have sex or not (yes moms, even at 15, if they choose to, you cant stop it, they wlil find a way lol) BUT, let her know all the reprocussions, and, if you chose to have sex young as well, let her know that if you had known everything you do now, you would have watied (even if you wouldnt have lol, she doesnt need to know that)

and explain to her that sex is something that she should wait for until she is an adult. she will enjoy it much more as an adult rather than a teen, and just let her know that you are there to support her whatever she decides.

bottom line, support her, trust her, get her BC, and be there for her. this is the time  in a girls life when she needs her mother to be her friend and not JUST the parent (she needs both) and hoenstly, forbidding your teen from doing someing, is the FASTEST way to make sure they go out and DO it. and THEN keep it a secret from you and be afriad (or vindictive) to talk to you about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)