Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know you're..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

...smoking too much when you are getting a callous on our thumb from your lighter.  I'm trying to hard to quit, but I'm only smoking more and more.  I don't understand!  It doesn't really help that I'm trying to lose weight, so when I get a craving to much on something I light up instead.  And I work from home, so I find myself just randomly smoking just because I can sit at my desk and smoke.  I'm so frustrated and annoyed at myself, but it's only getting worse.  >.<

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I'm right there with ya! The harder I try to stop, the more I end up smoking...  you have to have it in your head that you want to stop or you won't ever do it. Good luck!!!

athenaheim
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Gl hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brown_crayon07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I'm right there with ya! I tried to make the pack before this one my last, yea obviously that didn't work. I'm going to try something my mom mentioned to me...When she quit, every time she craved a cigarette she sucked on something hard...Wow that sounds so wrong. Lol She used those peppermint candy things. I am going to try Jolly Ranchers. Hopefully this works! Good Luck!

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM
I'm with you too. I was doing pretty good until I started dating bf. He smokes a lot. I'm back down to 2-4 a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Not packs, cigarettes lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Haha I was going to say... WOW lol 

2 - 4 cigarettes isn't bad.  I'm right under a back.. 1 pack will last maybe 1 1/4 days

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Not packs, cigarettes lol

RissyLee
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:14 AM

lol yeah that sounded a little wrong.  I've tried doing this, but it doesn't really help.  I always end up biting my nails and I don't want to do that either.  I may try again with gum

Quoting brown_crayon07:

I'm right there with ya! I tried to make the pack before this one my last, yea obviously that didn't work. I'm going to try something my mom mentioned to me...When she quit, every time she craved a cigarette she sucked on something hard...Wow that sounds so wrong. Lol She used those peppermint candy things. I am going to try Jolly Ranchers. Hopefully this works! Good Luck!

Aprilh327
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM

YEP RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!! EVERY PACK I BUY I GET DOWN TO TWO OR THREE AND I SAY THAT I'M NOT GUNA BUY ANY MORE AND ILL GO A DAY MAYBE TWO WITHOUT, BUT THEN GO RIGHT BACK TO IT. IVE TRIED GUM SUCKERS PEPPERMINTS, BUT THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY MAKES ME CUT BACK OR STOP FOR A COUPLE DAYS IS MY FIVE YEAR OLD, HE ALLWAYS ASK, WHY I STILL SMOKE WHEN I TOLD HIM I WOULDNT SMOKE TODAY, HE'LL TELL ME, YOU TOLD ME YOU WEREN'T GUNNA SMOKE ANY MORE AND YOU ARE AND I DON'T LIKE IT. IT SMELLS NASTY. SO THEN I FEEL BAD. BUT ITS DEFENTLY HARD, IF YOU FIND ANYTHING THAT HELPS PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!

MamaHens3
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Good luck to you all, I am so glad I didn't pick up that habit and me having childhood cancer. Along with grandfather who smoked for years, and had a cancer scare lung related really scared me off from wanting to touch a cig. 

Of what I have heard, baby steps is what works and stop cold turkey is worse. You chew gum? Maybe that'd help, hmm nibble on something healthy since you are trying to lose weight. Good luck whatever you do, and just remember baby steps like with anything. 

eatyourveges
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM

One thing that I think will help is making a "no smoking inside" rule... I definitely smoked a lot more when I did so inside.  Since the smell gets everywhere it always just made me want one....

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)