Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
How many of you were raised in a single parent home like your kids? If so, was it a similar situation as the one you are in now, or completely different? Do you see that parent differently now that you are a single parent yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaydensMommy007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM

my mom was a single mom...she abused the system..did drugs...was drunk all the time...paraded men in and out of her life...basically she sucked

I have never been on PA, I dont do drugs and rarely drink and I am engaged to a wonderful man who adores me and my daughter.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM

My parents were married for 18 years when I was born and stayed married until my dad passed 8 years ago. 

That is a good question. I'll ask my 22 y/o (divorced w/2 babies) what she thinks.

LovinLiv
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM
My mother was a single parent after my dad passed away when I was 9, so it is a very different situation than the one I am in now with olivia's sperm donor abandoning her, but I see her much differently now that I'm a single mother myself. She went from being a stressed mother who couldn't handle everything in my eyes to the strongest person I know now that I've spent nearly 3 years in her single mother shoes with just 1 child! I can't imagine 3 and getting over the loss of a husband!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:47 AM

My parents have been married for 38 years.  I have no idea what it would be like to be raised by a single parent.

alaskansglmom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I was raised by a single mom. My mother and my father was married though and I never did get married. My father wasn't in the pucture and neither is my kids father. I have always viewed my mom as a strong women and she had 5 girls...I dont know how she did it.

tinky_00
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:40 AM
My mom was single for a while after my parents divorced until she met my stepdad (well reunited - college sweethearts). She made it look so easy, but as kids we didn't see what was going on behind the scenes. It wasn't until we were adults that we found out about all the extra jobs she worked & how some days there wasn't enough food to eat so she wouldn't so we could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlh3891
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM

single parent home.im adopted. but with my biological mom...she was single and abused the system. she was ann alcoholic. died from a brain anyurism. my adopted mom adopted us knowing she was single. she wasnt a good mom.

dont really see any in a different light. i just know what i dont want my son to see as he grows up. different way i want to raise my son. i always knew being a single mom was hard...and it sure is...

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM

My parents have been married for 28 years, so here is a bump.

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM

My brother and sister and I were raised by a dad who didn't want us, and as far as for his gf, she was never a mother like figure, and I want my little boys to know I love them and wanted them from the second I found out I was pregnant.

joanie70
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM

My mom was a single mom and she resented me my whole life for it. We don't talk anymore because she just can't stand kids, she treated my kids like shit, just like she did with me my whole life. The kids and I have a blast together, we're the 3 musketeers, and I would never think of blaming them for my situation, I respect them and we work together!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)