Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my DS forget

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
who his daddy is? His father hasn't been around at all in a month or so and he's only 10 months old. Ugh why do men suck so much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM

If the bd was around him enough for the baby to be familiar with him, he should still recognize him.  At that age, you're probably the only one he actually "knows" though.

ChilliCherry
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM
sorry if I sound stupid, lack of sleep lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Navygurl76
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:40 PM

At that young, yes if his Dad doesn't have any contact with him. My son was 3 1/2 when his Dad stopped having contact with him. He is 7 now, he still remembers him, sorta... My son will talk about how mean his was when he was potty training, when he threw out some of his skateboard toys because he left a mark on his leather ottoman, and the one time his dad took him on a fishing trip with his relatives from that side.

acastle2
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM

at that young i believe so

acts_mommy_1607
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:19 AM

yes probably will

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:28 AM
My donor comes around when he feels like it and DS has no clue who he is he is 11 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aprilh327
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM

YES HE WILL PROB FORGET IF HE DOESN'T KEEP COMING AROUND, MY DD IS 2 ALLMOST 3 AND THE LAST TIME SEE SAW HER FATHER WAS IN DEC WHEN HE GOT OUT OF HIS CAR SHE LOOKED AT HIM AND SAID "WHOS THAT??" IT HURT HIS FEELINGS BUT LIKE I TOLD HIM ITS HIS OWN FAULT. RIGHT NOW SHE IS ON THIS KICK TO WHERE EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DADDY, NOT SURE WHY SHE HASN'T SEEN HIM IN ALLMOST FOUR MONTHS BUT SHES HAPPY AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME, I DON'T THINK SHE WOULD KNOW WHO HE WAS IF SHE SEEN HIM NOW.

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM

At that age most likely. Unless his bio dad is in his life as he gets older.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM

at that age, yea. =(

i say around 3, maybe even 2, dad can pop up once or twice and the kid will remember.. which IMO- is worse if dad will just bounce back out!

KailesMommy
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Quoting Robsessed98:

If the bd was around him enough for the baby to be familiar with him, he should still recognize him.  At that age, you're probably the only one he actually "knows" though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)