Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i tell the ex NO!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have been divorced for 5yrs and every year for the sake of the kids my ex and i have taken a "family vacation" and split the cost.  (we do not live together but still get along ok. ) I now make enough money to take the kids without him tagging along and I really dont want him there. he complains and makes the trip miserable for all. I recently made reservations and my kids are excited about camping. He automatically assumed he was going and started making plans too. How do i brush him off nicely without hurting his feelings but letting him know it's a permanent choice... any ideas?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Just say, 'look I want some time with just me and the kids, I don't want you to be there because its ummy and kiddy time.'

CrystalDawn2506
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Agreed.

Quoting Dawnie-marie:

Just say, 'look I want some time with just me and the kids, I don't want you to be there because its ummy and kiddy time.'

athenaheim
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:35 AM
I agree with pp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Tell him NO!!!! Tell him that the vacation is for you and the kids and he is NOT invited. Don't tell him when it is or where you are going. He is  not going to stop until YOU put your foot down and tell him NO.

fairymom2316
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Just be honest with him, the sooner the better =)

nappeal
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

"I want to start making this a solo trip with the kids.  (Maybe) This year you can also take them to do something alone with them.  They'd love 2 vacations" 

ahampe
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM

agreed

Quoting Dawnie-marie:

cadeesmommy0120
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Yup....

Quoting tyfry7496:

Tell him NO!!!! Tell him that the vacation is for you and the kids and he is NOT invited. Don't tell him when it is or where you are going. He is  not going to stop until YOU put your foot down and tell him NO.

IAmLinasMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Perfect. Or you can even offer alternate year vacations. This year its you and the kids. Next year it's him and the kids.

Quoting nappeal:

"I want to start making this a solo trip with the kids.  (Maybe) This year you can also take them to do something alone with them.  They'd love 2 vacations" 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Just tell him you guys have been broken up long enough that you don't need to take trips together anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)