Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had a tattoo covered up by another tattoo??

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

If so can you still see any sign of the 1st tattoo?? Did it affect the color of the new tattoo??

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gregory2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I haven't personally, however, a friend of mine has. You couldn't tell at all unless she pointed it out. It was still hard to make out then. She had someones name and it was in black. She got a colorful rainbow with clouds to cover it. If with the orginal being in black, it did not come through all those colors. Hope that helps :)

KRIZZ25
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:58 AM

no but my last tat messed up and i have to get it fixed ..i just haven't had the time ..

cadeesmommy0120
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Some you can some you can't.  I have a friend that you can still see the one he tried to cover up...just means whoever did it did a piss poor job...JMO.

kaitsmom247
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM

i've seen some done in my artist's photo book. He did a very good job. So i guess if you are looking to have that done then ask them if they have experience in that and if you can see their work.

LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Depends on what it was and the colors to start and What you are covering up. Make sure to go to a good artist don't cheap out on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

yes. i had my ex husbands name across my belly and i covered it with flowers. you can see part of the "a" and "L" only if i point it out.

MommysAngels810
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Never have. I like my first one and it has no ones name on it and is not offensive. I've seen some coverups and they are really good and then you see others that look like crap! Just depends on what your old tattoo looks like, what the new one will be and who is doing it! If you are thinking about this go to the most respected tattoo artist in your area and ask his/her opinion. good luck!

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I haven't, but have seen several that have. SOme of them look good and some look bad. I think it depends on your colors, design and especially the artist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)