Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
What is the biggest age difference you would consider when dating?  I'm thinking of dating younger men so that I can mold him to what I want.
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilKim5465
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:41 PM
hun younger men isn't always moldable lol. I am halfway (married with a lot of problems and already halfway went through one divorce) married to a younger man and boy let me tell you he does what he wants first and then worries about our family. You need to not worry about age and just find the right man for you, most of the time the right one comes along when you aren't looking at all! Good luck!

Kimberly

Lilypie Baby Ticker

preview image

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later"

DannisMommy430
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:47 PM
let me tell you......younger is almost never better. i have had my troubles with younger men, but i am still pretty young myself. they say that men get better with age, yeah right. I'm 21 and my babies daddy is 15 years older than me and we have more problems then most couples closer in age. we're trying really hard to make it work, but sometimes i just think its more trouble then its worth. so really it depends on the guy. but if you like him enough to worry about it, you should take the chance and see what happens. just keep an open mind. GOOD LUCK
miinma77
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:51 PM
My last bf was younger than me only by 3 yrs. and I molded him very well I just f***** things up so I definitely don't think that was a bad thing.  But how young is too young?  I'm just wondering. 
V.AmberLee
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM
I don't think your goal in dating should be to mold a man...your goal should be to meet the right man.

If he's not what you are looking for right off the bat...he never will be. You can not expect to change a man into what you want. You have your children to consider too...it's not just you. You need a man who will set a good example for them and you don't need another child to take care of. I don't think age has anything to do with love though so if you find the right man and he is a lot younger than you...you go girl!
Jodi_A
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Personally I like older men.  My ex-husband was only 2 1/2 years older than me and just not that mature.  Even after being together 10 years he was really immature.  My boyfriend of 2+ years is 6 1/2 years older than me.  I like that he's already made the mistakes that men make while they grow up and has lived and learned.  His goals are attainable and mature, and he treats me like a queen because I'm his "hot young chick".  I like that too, but mostly I like that he's a grown-up and has his head screwed on straight.  And I didn't have to mold him, he is the "right" mad for me pre-fab!  Ha ha ha ha.
miinma77
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM
Maybe I shouldn't go out there looking for a specific age.  I guess that doesn't really matter when you find the right person.  But what do you guys think is acceptable age difference when the woman is older?
CrystalnSC
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 3:36 PM
There is a six year difference between me and my fiance with me being older.  I have always been older than my boyfriends except one - he was nine years older than me and his immaturity just turned me off - I figured I might as well get someone young who will act young but be good in bed!  LMAO

Crystal

www.cafemom.com/group/elvis

MommyAlly
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Quoting V.AmberLee:

I don't think your goal in dating should be to mold a man...your goal should be to meet the right man.

If he's not what you are looking for right off the bat...he never will be. You can not expect to change a man into what you want. You have your children to consider too...it's not just you. You need a man who will set a good example for them and you don't need another child to take care of. I don't think age has anything to do with love though so if you find the right man and he is a lot younger than you...you go girl!
I agree. Do you want someone to try to change you or "mold" you into what they want? The guy I'm talking to right now is going through a divorce, so until it's final, I won't "date" him, but I do enjoy talking to him. He is about 7 years older than me. My first husband was a day older than me and we just got married too young. He still has his priorities mixed up, but unless it concerns our two sons, I let hiss new wife deal with it!!!!! LOL!!!

Stop looking so hard for him and you'll find him. When I first started talking to this guy I wasn't looking for anyone, let alone someone out of state, but I've really grown to like him and think he may just be the one. Who knows? I'm just going to take one day at a time and continue to take care of my kids, and if it happens, it happens.

Angelkisses5644
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM
I just turned 25 in October and my bf turned 23 in March so hes 19 months younger  then me.
mom4364
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 10:25 PM
i was with a few younger guys. so damn immature i couldn't stand it. never again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)