Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
What is the biggest age difference you would consider when dating?  I'm thinking of dating younger men so that I can mold him to what I want.
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Replies (11-16):
gypsy_rose
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Quoting miinma77:

Maybe I shouldn't go out there looking for a specific age.  I guess that doesn't really matter when you find the right person.  But what do you guys think is acceptable age difference when the woman is older?

I think it depends on the person. My friend and her BF are 28 years apart they have been together for many years and very happy (getting married 2009). Age is only a #. it depends on the person's personality and how they treat you.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

chel1023
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 4:52 PM
I've done the younger "man" thing and it did not work!  He was only 4 years younger than me, but when you're 23 and he's 19, there is a big difference.  I don't think I could go down that path again!  We had fun, but it went no further!  The biggest age difference for me was about 12 years difference.  I was 25, he was 37.  Man, now that I actually count out the difference it seems huge!  It wasn't anything serious, but it was fun, no one I would want to have a serious relationship with, only because he was too conceeded for me, but fun.  My daughter's father is 10 years older than me, so again a big age difference.  Heck, if you think you can mold the younger men, then more power to you, if you figure out how, let me know!  HAHAHA!
mom4364
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 4:54 PM
why don't you try dating a guy a few yrs older who is done sowing his oats and ready to be married.
LovinLittleBit
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Quoting MommyAlly:

Quoting V.AmberLee:

I don't think your goal in dating should be to mold a man...your goal should be to meet the right man.

If he's not what you are looking for right off the bat...he never will be. You can not expect to change a man into what you want. You have your children to consider too...it's not just you. You need a man who will set a good example for them and you don't need another child to take care of. I don't think age has anything to do with love though so if you find the right man and he is a lot younger than you...you go girl!
I agree. Do you want someone to try to change you or "mold" you into what they want? The guy I'm talking to right now is going through a divorce, so until it's final, I won't "date" him, but I do enjoy talking to him. He is about 7 years older than me. My first husband was a day older than me and we just got married too young. He still has his priorities mixed up, but unless it concerns our two sons, I let hiss new wife deal with it!!!!! LOL!!!

Stop looking so hard for him and you'll find him. When I first started talking to this guy I wasn't looking for anyone, let alone someone out of state, but I've really grown to like him and think he may just be the one. Who knows? I'm just going to take one day at a time and continue to take care of my kids, and if it happens, it happens.

I totally agree. I wouldn't want someone to try to "mold" me into what he wants. I want him to love me and want me for who I am already. The same goes for looking for that special guy, he will be right for me and my son and not me trying to mold him for what I want. Most people you try to mold into someone else will go back to their true self later on. Then you will be left not being happy with that.  Don't go out there looking for someone. He will come into your life when you least expect it. You might settle for something less if you go out looking for someone, just so you can have someone. Most of the guys I have dated were younger than me, some by a couple of years. Most of the people have replied that younger men are immature, but there are also immature older men too.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2007 at 5:15 PM
giiirrrllll... i am 32 and i usually end up meeting men between the ages of 22-24 because i dont look my age. yuck is all i have to say. they just LOOOVE the novelty of an older woman but really they arent man enough. and when they feel threatened they run like jackrabbits. dont have the maturity or experience to deal with ANYTHING. these are general terms, but for hte most part, this has been MY experience wth younger men.

V.AmberLee
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Quoting miinma77:

Maybe I shouldn't go out there looking for a specific age.  I guess that doesn't really matter when you find the right person.  But what do you guys think is acceptable age difference when the woman is older?

I stand by my previous response but as far as an acceptable age? I don't think it matters.... 5 , 10 20 years if it is the right person and you are together for love not convenience. Don't stress about age....a persons sole is more important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)