Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok  so my son is 6yrs old and is in Kindergarten. He has been in Kindergarten since last September and has been a car rider since about the 3rd week of school. Lately, he has been fussing because he wants to ride the bus instead of being a car rider. I've told him over and over No.

Well guess what he does? Today when I dropped him off, he goes to the office and tells them that he's a bus rider now. I go to pick him up this afternoon and he's gone! Im like WTF! So I run back home to beat the bus while at the same time calling the school to see whats going on. The secretary says that he said that he was a bus rider. I asked why didn't she call to get it authorized by me BEFORE she put him on the bus. She says she doesn't know and tells me that he never left the school.

She THOUGHT they had put him on the bus but one of the teacher assistants knew he wasn't a bus rider and wouldn't let him get on the bus. SO I turn back around and go to the school only to find out the bus hadn't even left yet! So the T.A. and I go check the bus and he's not there! By now I'm thinking WTF someone better bring me my child. So we go up to the office and she calls him on the intercom. Apparently, he was outside with his teacher waiting on me!  I was SO pissed at him and at the school but I was happy to have my baby back. He has definitely earned his punishment tonight of no television.

I know the school is not 100% at fault. My son is too freaking grown for his own good! I swear he acts like he's 16 sometimes instead of 6 BUT still they should have known not to listen to a 6yr old unless he had a note or something from me right?? Thanks for listening ladies :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LancesMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I would be very upset with the person that told you he was gone in the first place. Sounds like the teacher that kept him off the bus did the right thing!

SexyDiva19
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

I would be very upset with the person that told you he was gone in the first place. Sounds like the teacher that kept him off the bus did the right thing!

Yea I was mad with her because when I called back she tried to get a little attitude. The whole time I was on the phone with her I had to control myself so that I wouldn't cuss her out!

lm10
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:21 PM
I would have said something like ,"you shouldn't be working with kids at all, you're not responsible and you don't have any common sense!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Quoting lm10:

I would have said something like ,"you shouldn't be working with kids at all, you're not responsible and you don't have any common sense!"

lol What I wanted to say was actually worse. I was going to WTF do you mean you don't know where my son is? I had called the lady one time and she said he was on the bus. So when I called back she said "Ma'am you just called 3mins ago and I told you that he was gone so I asked to check, Turns out he wasn;t gone! I was calm about it because I didn't want to look like a freak BUT those 10-15 mins without my son seemed to last a lifetime.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 8:40 AM
How scary! Glad you got it all straightened out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeckellette
by on Apr. 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I'm glad you got it straightened out.

My child would have lost a LOT more than just the tv, that's for damn sure. He should have known better.

I also, would be in touch with the higher ups and making a complaint about this incident. Make sure it does not happen to anyone else.

That being said, most schools have a policy in place that if any changes are made with after school transportation arrangements, a note is to be sent in by the parent or a phone call by the parent should be made...they are NOT supposed to just take the child's word for it, as it is a huge safety issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)