Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relationship/Boys update!!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well I am going to go out on a limb and say that Jesse is officially my BF.  I haven't really asked him, but he has met the kids, my ex (kind of), and my parents.  He spend the last 2 days with us.  Kanin had an appointment in Bismarck (2 hours from me, 4 hours from him) at 11 on Thursday morning, so he slept 4 hours on Wednesday, worked 7pm-6am and then drove the 2 hours to my house and then changed and hit the road with us! He is AMAZING with my kids.  They were good til we got home that night and they both started acting up.  Kanin still isn't feeling great (more on that later) and I think they were just trying to #1 see what I would allow them to do #2 not used to a guy being around #3 one would get jealous of the other if he was with Jesse.  He on his own decided to get up before the boys would be up and go sleep on the couch (was only there about a half hour before the Kanin got up).  Of course Kanin was asking why he wasn't in my bed...lol!!  Yesterday morning was rough, but about 11 the day got a lot better!  Not their normal selves but no where nears as bad as it had been.   

He was here til we got the boys tucked into bed last night and we sat and talked about the last couple days and how he knows how hard it can be, especially dealing with the ADD/ADHD and ODD that Kanin has.  He is wonderful at working with him and trying to talk him down when he is having a rough period.  He wanted to help, and did so without me asking.  He told Kanin that if he ever scared him he was to let me know and told me that if he over steps his bounds to let him know.  He as exceeded my expectations in what I wanted in someone for how they treated my kids. I seriously tear up just watching them!!  Both boys knew he was leaving last night but were bummed out when they saw this morning that he was gone. 

He's called today and talked to them once already!!  And sent a couple of texts to relay to them.  I don't even know how to put into words what i feel when I am with him, when I see him with my kids or even when I talk to him.  We have talked about the 'what-ifs' 'whens' etc.  So we both could see a future between us.  I haven't felt this happy in a long time.....

He is coming back on Tuesday night and going to the circus with us on Wednesday and is trying to get off of work Thrusday afternoon so he can be here all day for my birthday.  He said if he does that he will stay friday for sure too then he wants to babysit the boys while I work noon-6pm!!

Onto Kanin

Last Tuesday ( a week and a half ago) I took him into the clinic because he has been using the bathroom ALOT.  When I say alot, I mean at time up to 10 times an hour (urinating).  So they did a UA/UC to check for a UTI and nothing.  I am going to keep an eye on his and see what happens, our next step will be blood work checking for diabetes primarily.  Also last Friday he woke up with his ear draining so he was put on antibiotics for an ear infection and they went with their dad that night to his parent's place (who smoke and Kanin did tell us they were smoking around them).  Both kids came back coughing, Kanins ear was worse and on Monday both started running temps.  So Tuesday I had to call into work again and took them both in. They cultured Kanin's ear drainage and he was started on his 2nd oral antibiotic (he finished the first that morning) and an antibiotic ear drop.  Korbyn had an ear infection too. He finished his antibiotic this morning.  Both boys ended up with awful coughs but they are getting better.  Yesterday we got a call back on Kanins culture results and he has 2 nasty bugs, on of which the PA has never even heard of and the other is MRSA!  How he got that, who knows, she wondered if i didn't bring it home from work but I haven't been taking care of anyone with active MRSA recently.  So he is now on Oral antibiotic #3!  I am hoping they feel better and act better when Jesse is here this week!!  i want him to see the real boys!!!  But he keeps telling me they didn't scare them off!!!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovinLiv
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Aww that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you with everything going so well! He sound like he's a great guy! Sorry about all the sickness, that's no fun at all, hopefully that clears up soon and Jesse can see the real Korbyn and Kanin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Thanks hun!!! I am so happy/excited/scared!!

Quoting LovinLiv:

Aww that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you with everything going so well! He sound like he's a great guy! Sorry about all the sickness, that's no fun at all, hopefully that clears up soon and Jesse can see the real Korbyn and Kanin

josiahmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

awesome im excited for u. i hope your son gets better.

LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I'm so glad everything is going good!!!! i'm sorry the kids are sick MRSA is nasty :(

ahampe
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I am so happy for you!!

And I hope your boys feel better! MRSA is no fun at all!

Kissybratzmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Quoting LifeCafe42:

I'm so glad everything is going good!!!! i'm sorry the kids are sick MRSA is nasty :(

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Thank you everyone!  I can't wait to see him again!

animebuddy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM

First your bf sounds wonderful.  Can i have him? j/k

And hope your son Kanin gets better.  The MRSA would shock me as well. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:21 AM
No you can't! He's mine, all mine :) and yes, I'm still puzzled over the MRSA!

Quoting animebuddy:

First your bf sounds wonderful.  Can i have him? j/k

And hope your son Kanin gets better.  The MRSA would shock me as well. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 5:21 AM

That's awesome! Sounds like he could be a keeper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)