Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why cant she just be a mom?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
"easter egg hunt this sunday...what fun that will be.. I wish my son was here.."

thats my mom's status on FB... just her son? what about her older kids? what about me? we havent fucking talked since Oct. my sister replied "what about me?! lol jk" but seriously, how is that a joke? she's been denying us for 10 years now. her son? yea- thats the kid who she keeps leavin behind too.. thats the kid who's in my care since dad left... adn wont be back til May 1st.. thats teh kid i gotta do everything, but i cant parent since i'm not his mom... what do i gotta do for him? pack his bag for soccer and hockey- pack his bag for when he stays the night at a friend's place... pack the car with all his sports shit... make sure he gets to school on time, gets home from school, doesnt his homework.. all that.. but i cant parent him. i cant TELL him to do all that b/c i'm not his mom... but where the fuck is his mom? oh yea, thats right- she abandoned him/us-- AGAIN!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chanel5nyc
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Oh wow! I'm sorry that your and your siblings are going through this. Your mom is not a perfect mom but I hope you learned from her mistakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM
How old is your brother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:14 PM

he's 13. him doing stuff will never change.. i'm close to just saying that i'm not gonna pack anything for him. he made it a point to tell my dad to tell me not to parent him and IMO- that includes all that shit. if D wants to be on his own, then he's fully on his own- including washing his clothes. i had to learn that when i was 12 b/c mom left and dad didnt care about it.

only thing i learned from my mom-- put my child above all else and thats one thing that i will NEVER fail him. he will never not feel important to me, my #1 priority

Chanel5nyc
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Its sad to say but some women aren't meant to be mothers they are egg donors. The same way some men aren't meant to be fathers, they are sperm donors.

I'm glad you learned one valuable lesson from your mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM

*HUGS*

tyfry7496
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Not all women are meant to just be a mom. Just like not all men are meant to be a dad. Do they best you can and don't worry about the rest. But, I would tell your brother that as long as he is in your house and under your care,  you CAN parent him. In the meantime, he can pack is own bags, wash his own clothes and find his own way to sports and other events if he doesn't want to listen to you.

needhope
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM

wow, sounds very painful. My mom passed away 11 yrs ago, so then I thought my aunt, her sister, would embrace me like one of her own, but the total opposite happened, I get the call every 6 mons to see if I am still alive and thats about it, I am an only child, yea I'm over 40 but it still hurts, we were close when I was growing up. her and all her 7 kids, dont really initial contact with me, I am not called at the holidays or anything, and there has never been any major issues between us. I feel so alone, especially around the holidays

If my mother could rise from her grave she would kick my aunts ass, LOL, not kidding. So anyway. I just unfriended all of them like last August, it was too painful to see pics of family get togethers that we were not invited too, It was quite freeing, I was punishing myself, by seeing the Fbook posts, and I have not heard from one of them since. Most likely thats why she put that on here status to justify her own dysfunction and piss you off, many people live to provoke pain in others, family seems to be some of the worst, I pray your heart heals God Bless

Single mom  lesbians

We judge others by their worst actions, but ourselves by our best intentions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)