Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he too young??????

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM
  • 34 Replies

I normally date guys that are 8-10 yrs older than me, but earlier this week a guy approached me and I immediately liked him. He seemed almost perfect.....until I found out he just turned 21 last month. I'm 27. He doesn't act 21 but 6 yrs is a big difference. I asked 2 of my best friends about it....one sd I should just forget abt it and find someone my own age. The other one told me to go for it...so I would like some advice from you ladies. Is there a certain age that's too young or is it ok to just go for it if he's a nice guy????

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcDougal
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Kind of depends on what sort of 'relationship' you're looking for. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txmom8403
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I'm almost 30!!!!! lol  I want to settle down and get married. I am not looking for a fling or just a sex buddy 

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM

i say go for it! age aint nothing but a number... but tehn again, i cant even date guys MY age- they gotta be at least 2 years OLDER than me. lol so i guess to me, age is more than just a number.. but for you-- it doesnt have to be! =) at least talk to him- go out on a date, find out exactly what he wants. if he wants to settle down, form a relationship and see if it'll work.. if he doesnt want to settle down, keep his number as a Bed Buddy. lol jk jk

Peppermintred
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Also depends on what he wants. I made the mistake of having a baby with someone younger than me. He wasn't ready to settle down and is currently going through wanting to party all week and then have the family time on his days off. I think a lot of men that age think they are ready to settle down but don't understand what it all consists of. But that's not every man and only my opinion.

Chanel5nyc
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Then he is too young for you. Most young guys just want to have fun.

Quoting txmom8403:

I'm almost 30!!!!! lol  I want to settle down and get married. I am not looking for a fling or just a sex buddy 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txmom8403
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:30 PM

He says that he's settled and he doesn't want to just sleep around. I made it very clear that I don't just want sex. He says he's ok with that....but I mean he's only 21. My brother is 21 and he's an idiot. I mean he's in college and all he does is study, work, and party. The last thing on his mind is a serious relationship lol

athenaheim
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Age is just a number to me. I'm talking to a guy thats 32 will be 33 I am 25 will be 26 in august. If u like him go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty068
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Honestly I think 21 is to young for a guy to be thinking about marriage and settling down, they are still acting like high school kids at that age. Hell some of them never grow up though. But at 21 I would not bother.

jeepingirrl
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM

When I was 27 I dated a 21 year old. Well...he was actually 20 and I dated him on and off over a year. It was fun...I never went into it thinking we were going to have some big romance...more just a fling and it worked out great!

crazybusymama3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Is he out on his own with his own car ..job or going to school....and own place? Those are my deal breakers if they live with mama or dont have a car....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)