Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im second guessing myself...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have an ultrasound appointment Monday and will finally find out the sex. My ex asked if he could go with me to the appointment and I told him no. That it wasnt fair to me that things have and are the way they are. He is a great father, we have a 19 month together but I see the appointment as an intimate setting and for him to toss his family aside he really shouldnt be there...but was that the right thing to do? I know he loves his son and that he will love and be apart of this child too. Part of me feels bad and the other part doesnt...what would y'all do? Let him go or say no?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brandy.emily
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I would...only because its about the child and not about you kwin??  If he wants to be a part of the childs lfie I would let him find out with you.  You could always say something hateful to him afterwards if you want to make him feel bad :)  I'm kidding.

petite101
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM

If he wants to be there let him, especially since you say he's a good dad to your other and will be to this one.

MamaHens3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM

This is tough, I want to say let him go since you will regret him not going. Same time want to say don't let him come, if you don't want him there. I'm on the fence, I know when I had my ultra sound I wanted BD there. I was wanting him to be part of it, but same time didn't. When he didn't come, or even give me a word nothing still on his normal ignore me. I was hurt, and I wanted him to there after all. 

ahampe
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM

agree

Quoting petite101:

If he wants to be there let him, especially since you say he's a good dad to your other and will be to this one.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM

If he is truly wanting to be a part of the childs life I would let him be there!

mkhickford
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Thank you everyone. I dont know what Ill do yet. Im going to sleep on it and then either talk to him about it or let it go.

I know if I let him go my ever medleson mother will have more than her fair share to say about it....Which Im not sure I can handle at the moment but she is not and should not be the deciding factor...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM

u need to let him

kirstn007
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:33 PM

ur mom has nothing to do with u and him and HIS baby

animebuddy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I would let him come to the ultrasounds because he wants to be involved.  Your mom has no say whatsovever, so she should butt out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)