Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm angry tonight.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

My SO and I split for good a few days ago after being together for five years.  I have given up a ton of stuff for him.  He is a functional alcoholic and finally decided to get help.  I supported him and I started counseling and was considering al-anon.  When I told him this he got pissed off saying "It isn't about you" and "you don't realize what kind of pressure you put on me".  I'm sorry, but I didn't realize the hell you have put me through the past five years put all this pressure on him.  It wouldn't hurt so bad, but I have a fucking wedding dress upstairs (he proposed last October).  I was prepared to go through the bowels of hell to get to the good place only to be told "I put to much pressure on him"  Yes, I did apparently, because I think sulking in a place where you think life sucks is crap.  Life does suck sometimes, but I need someone stronger to keep up with me.  He lets life get him down and depressed so much I can't deal with it.  I will be fine...I know I will...I'm having a hard time crying right now, but I feel like I need to.  Tomorrow being Easter doesn't help.  I had to call him to find out if he was planning on seeing our DD tomorrow.  He said yea around 3.  WTF...at what point were you planning on telling me this info?? Asshole.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM

*HUGS*

LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM

hugs

caramellove1974
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Hugs

athenaheim
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Sry hun hope things get better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickcole23
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM
People who use always blames others. It's not you. Keep your head up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Quoting caramellove1974:

Hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peppermintred
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM

My ex was the same way. He always blamed me for his problems. Guess that's immature men for you. I get by by remembering that one day he will open his eyes and realize what he screwed up.

animebuddy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Things will get better hun, it'll just take time.  ((hugs))

needhope
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Men are pigs, LOL, it sounds like he has more problems than alcohol. the fact that he is blaming you shows signs that he is emotionally stunted with a childs mindset, blaming others for one problems is a huge red flag for any relationship.

If you have physical custody then he is at your mercy as to when he can have the kids, Unless he takes you to court and gets some legal rights. I don't mean manipulative or mean for no reason, but w/o a parenting plan he better stick to your rules, if he wants to see the kids, its just that simple.

try not to get to emotional when dealing with him, thats what most ex spouses want just to piss you off, its just a wasted energy drain. keep things like a business arrangement as much as possible, it can be very freeing, I am speaking from real life experience.

Single mom  lesbians

We judge others by their worst actions, but ourselves by our best intentions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)