Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My STBX has problems! (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 1:04 PM
  • 0 Replies
So, I’m not sure if you all have read my previous posts regarding my STBX.  But he has been negative, violent, and vindictive throughout this divorce process.  We had our first mediation appointment (Oct. 26) at the courthouse … two days before the court date he was threatening me and text messaging me suicide threats.  Well, because of that I asked for separate mediation rooms because I was not sure of what he would do.  Well he flipped out, he did not agree to meet separately, plus he got served papers there so he was pissed!  Anyways the mediation didn’t happen and I left the courthouse and went to work.  20 minutes later he showed up at my work demanding to see me.  I went to another office to call his phone and asked what he was doing here.  He started screaming at me saying that I ruined his life and he had nothing to live for, so what is going to stop him from coming upstairs (my office) and strangling me!  I freaked out and hung up the phone.  I called my lawyer and he said to call the police.  I called the cops, but my stbx was gone by the time they showed up.  Well, I filed a report against him and what he said.  He has finally calmed down a bit and actually went to see a doctor on Thursday of last week.  His doctor diagnosed him with Bi-Polar disorder and ADHD (which I already knew he had) I know he wants help, but I’m hoping he follows through with it.  Last Thursday before I heard about how his appointment went, I got called by a detective from the police department where I filed the report.  She was questioning me on what happened, and asked if I wanted to file a criminal charge against him.  I said no, and she continued to play devils advocate and said that even if I don’t file a report, the D.A. may file a criminal report against him anyways.  I’m not really sure what to do, I know he wants to get help, but I also know how unstable he is.  Does anyone have any advice or have you been through something similar?
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)