Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ASKED FOR HIS HELP!!! BIG MISTAKE!

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay ladies, so my ex and I have been going thru a divorce since august and in the divorce papers, of course, he left out Child Support. So I went ahead and filed it on my own. Then he was making me feel so terrible about it that I said I would close the case...Um I didn't because after thinking it thru, it is his obligation to help with his child! Right? So I left it alone and he said nothing else about it but that when will it go thru and well it's not quite finalized yet. But I have been struggling and i told myself that I would NEVER let him see that I struggle being a single mom and well he has been giving me $50 dollars a week since he filed for the divorce, grant it that we have been seperated and back and forth since 2004 and not once gave me a penny, but now that there is a divorce he wants to look good right! Anyway, I got laid  off a GREAT paying job in March and I just got a new job in August that pays way less. So I gave in and I asked him for help to pay our son's school and that I was short on my rent. I told him I will pay him back next fri, so he helped of course without running his mouth about it and asking a bunch of questions. Well this morning he asked me if I had closed the Child Support case yet and I said um no, So he sends me a txt that just made me realize what  a mistake I made asking him for help, it said " Now you're taking it back? You are worthless and I hope things get worse for you. Have a nice life idiot..." WTF! I guess I am just being hard on myself, but dang ladies it feels terrible. I learned my lesson! Im not being a greedy, golddigger am I, I mean I have never heard of any regular womand be able to live off child support, right? my son is entitled to have both his parents take care of him.

by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
carolca
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 2:52 PM

I am sorry to hear of this.  Yes, do file for child support!  You son deserves it! 

I too am going thru a divorce and every month my ex has to pay support he becomes estremely hostile and angry. 

Why would your ex think he shouldn't help provide for his child?   I am trying to convince my ex of the same thing.  It's terrible.  I can't believe I was married to such a loser. 

manders018
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Men think they don't have to pay .... you are doing the right thing. You can ask for back child support from him and the money he did give you would just be deducted from that. He wont' look good when he is sending messages like that. Just make sure you keep a record of EVERYTHING every text and phone call. It may be a pain but it works in your favor
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2007 at 2:56 PM
wtf gold digger. i have a serious problem with that word and how broke ass men throw it around. dont u have to HAVE gold to have a problem with gold diggers? i mean, "she wants me to support my kid! she must be a gold digger!" or "she expected me to pay for a date/drink. she must be a gold idgger!"

no girl, you are NOT a gold digger, and dont close the case, screw him.

V.AmberLee
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 3:01 PM
Do not feel bad! It is his obligation to help raise your child. If the courts make him pay $50 a week or even $100....remember that you will still be paying way more than that! It is the least he can do for your child!
Also, can you save the text?...use it if you have to!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)