Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online dating question (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 7:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

When you're emailing with someone you met through an online website and he says something you don't know how to answer what do you do?  I just answer with another question.  Is that bad?

by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Zandriamarie
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:01 PM
no thats not bad. you don't even know the guy really so what does it matter.
destinyraiyne
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Yes, that is sort of bad.  If the two of you were face to face and you did that he would probably think you're dismissing what he's asking you, basically ignoring him.  I would suggest coming up with some sort of answer.  I can't imagine what types of questions he might ask that you couldn't come up with some kind of answer, even if it's a bit shakey.  Good Luck and enjoy!  I think online dating is a great thing!
punky3175
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 3:08 PM
Completely avoiding the question is bad, yes.  If you don't want to answer it, just explain that you don't want to answer it (or don't feel comfortable answering it.)  I've always told the guys I meet online that I'll answer any question, and if it's too personal or I don't want to answer it, I won't.  Haven't run into anything I didn't want to answer though....I would be curious to know what kinds of questions you are being asked that you don't want to answer though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)