Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Lonelyness

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm having a hard time with the being single thing. I hate being lonely. Does anyone have any suggestions??
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Macksmommy418
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM
Get a really good friend who is there to talk and what not. When I get lonely I alsofind myself coming on here and trying to make new friends

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
newmommy408
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM
Try to get out even if you take kids with. Its easier to deal with when you don't sit at home. Also I find having or making new friends really helps too. If you have that and are just missing the relationship with that special someone..its harder. I try to keep in mind I want the right someone and in time they will come along but it takes patience.

SweetAngel81
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:26 PM
I'm going through the same thing maybe not as long as you have...but my husband came home monday 2wks ago after 6yr of marriage and told me he wanted a divorce...Soo everything is really fresh but if you need someone to talk I'm all about talking things out. Do you have any kids? Sometimes just thinking of something fun you can do together has helped me a little bit to battle the lonliness.
Doaiva
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:27 PM
Do you work out ?
That helps .. since I started to do exercise I felt really great  more energy .. and cleared my mind while I worked out.. and guys started to notice me ! ha !

manders018
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:28 PM
I am lonely all the time. Sometimes I feel like my only friends are on the internet. It is hard being a single mom plus I moved to a new area after I had him. Oh well I wouldn't trade it at all.
mom_of_tyler
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 11:05 AM
I totally understand - I have a 15 month old who is the love of my life and I have been lonely ever since the dad left even before I knew I was pregnant.

I started writing in a journal.  That not only helps get your feelings out - but you can also write down things the little one does.  I am also thinking about joining a local church that has an excellent babysitting service.

Good luck with everything!
suemidd
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Staying busy always helped me.  Good Luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)