Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stressed and frustrated

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 12:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am so stresses out these days. Things are not getting any easier for me they are getting worse. i am working two jobs to pay for a really nice place to live and money is just not coming in like it use to. Now christmas is coming anfd i am so scared that I wont be able to do anything nice for the kids.

It sucks because I don't get to spend a lot of time with my kids because I am working 60+ hours a week. I have been trying to get a new job making more money but there really is not much out there.

Right now I am just feeling sorry for myself and just really needed to vent because I don't have anyone to talk to and i just feel like I am heading for a nervous breakdown.

Does anyone know of how to make money from home or anything so I don't haveto get a third job????

Thank
Stacey
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
iheartJayden
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 1:01 PM
I am in the same boat. I have two jobs and never get to see my daughter because when I come home she is already in the bed. I won't be able to do anything for her for her birthday (Dec.4) or for Christmas. Thank God my parents are getting her lots of things.

V.AmberLee
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 1:15 PM
I'm in the same boat with no money for Christmas. Sign up for Toys For Tots at your local fire station and a lot of churches give toys, dinner baskets, etc...to help single moms out.

For another source of income...do you have a hobby? scrapbooking, photography...or anything you can do from home to make some extra money? Are you good on a computer? Maybe charge to do people's resumes?
Or what about babysitting on the weekends?  You could make a lot of money babysitting. Just some thoughts.
Good luck
rdeshields
by on Nov. 6, 2007 at 1:30 PM
i used to stress out about christmas until a man i worked with put it all into perspective for me. he talked about people going in debt for one little day. and he was right. it is just one day out of 365. what's the big deal. looking at your profile i notice your kids are not all that old so don't worry about it so much. i'm sure they will appreciate whatever you can do. do not have a nervous breakdown behind that. if your place is too expensive down size. it's ridiculous what they charge for rent these days. i live in san diego where a one bedroom apartment can run 1,000 dollars. i just don't know. as for the christmas thing i agree with the mom who said to go to different agencies. they are out there and it will alleviate some of that off of you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)