Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 days.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

10 days. thats it. my best friend is on death row and his execution is in 10 fucking days! Kasich still hasnt decided on clemency or not.... the entire board is against it (the execution), as well as 2 pro-death penalty Republicans are against it!

Why wont he make a decision?! why cant he just claim clemency?! i hate this feeling... not knowing if my friend will be taken away from me. right now, i'm trying to write him a letter... but i'm scared... this may every well be my last letter to him. what if i try to write another one and it never gets to him? whats gonna happen when i need him the most and he's not there? not there to keep me sane? to give me advice?

"If everyone who ever loved you disappeared tomorrow, I'd be the one left to hold your hand, kiss your soul and keep you smiling"

He said this.. and yet, he's the one who's gonna disappear!!!

I want to go with him. I really do.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shygrl3cccm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:31 AM
What did he do???? Than you would have an angel watching over you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:45 AM

"supposedly" he killed two people... shawn hawkins is his name if you wanna look his info up... but basically, he set up a drug deal to go down... two guys got killed and they pinned it on him. the "eye witness" changed his story a lot of times, from saying he seen it- to saying that Chomp wasnt even there when it happened... he, personally thinks that it was the witness' older brother... add in that back when it was first tried, his own attorney didnt bring in all the facts..etc, blah, blah, blah. its a whole lotta fucked up "evidence"

i dont want an angel watching over me. i have enough of those. i dont want everyone who i ever cared for- who ever supported me- who actually KNEW me- to die on me. cant i just be selfish and keep one? at least til natural causes comes and the grim reaper does his thing?

i know... i sound bitchy and whiny, etc. i dont think my mood will change til either there's the clemency or until after the fact. =( i'm sorry. i just have no where else to put it and i dont wanna put it in the letter.

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:35 AM
I don't know how to help you. I am so sorry you have to deal with this, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hope he gets the clemency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I'm so sorry keep us updated if anything new comes up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I just wanted to let you know that I signed the petition to grant clemency to Shawn. There are a lot of people that are supporting  him.  I will pray that he gets the clemency and his life is spared. This is why I do NOT believe in the death penalty, too many innocent people are put to death and it's not "found" until after the person is gone and then it's too late.

athenaheim
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM
I'm sry hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashia07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Wow... I am sorry!

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I signed it as well.

animebuddy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM
I'm sorry hun. I hope he gets the clemency
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM

thanks. i've been up and down about it. doesnt help that i'm on my period; making me more emotional and crabby. first one in almost a year! forgot what it was like to be all female. ha

i've always been against it.. its like people playing god and IMO, when the evidence isnt all there, if anything it should be LOWP (which is what he will prob get. the governor has the chance to say 20-30 years in prison, or he can say he gets life)... it just makes me mad that he's taking this long to decide. its been a month now, maybe a little less since the porale board hearing and he still cant make/wont a decision! its in 10 days- a week and a half!! he cant go back and say wait, i'll look at the files NOW after everything is said and done b/c by then, Chomp will be gone. =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)