• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men are idiots!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:44 AM
  • 8 Replies
So my ex and i have been talking off and on for the last few weeks. Sometimes he shows a lil concern and will ask about drs appointments, childbirth class etc. But you can tell hes just asking to ask. Well yesterday we're talking (trying to come up with a parenting/custody/cs agreement) and he says out of no where "youre getting him (the baby) circumsized right? Now before joining cm i never knew it was such a huge debate or that you even had a choice. I ended up asking my brother his advice cuz num 1 hes a man and num 2 he has two boys. (ex and i werent talking until recently) my thing is im 8 months preggers and ur biggest concerned is the babies penis?! Wtf! We're in the middle of talking about weekend visits and childcare and his mind is below the belt as always!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM

They sure are idiots!  He's worried about that b/c their brain is located there.  OY!

BusyB4thm
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I think its a reasonable question.

crazybusymama3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM

So what did your brother say? Ive heard lots of men say that they wish they had NOT been circumsized. I dont have an opinion either way...I have three daughters....just curious...

exoticdiva63
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM
My brother said circumsize. He circumsized his sons. He didnt give a medical opinion. He just said do it right away. His wife said its easier hygene wise

Quoting crazybusymama3:

So what did your brother say? Ive heard lots of men say that they wish they had NOT been circumsized. I dont have an opinion either way...I have three daughters....just curious...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exoticdiva63
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Its a reasonable question for a reasonable person. But we werent even talking about anything close to that. And he was so passionate about it. The last six months ive barely heard from him and when i finally do, he wants to argue about circumcison? Smh hes and idiot

Quoting BusyB4thm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashia07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM

LOL men are very concerned about penises!

Quoting exoticdiva63:

Its a reasonable question for a reasonable person. But we werent even talking about anything close to that. And he was so passionate about it. The last six months ive barely heard from him and when i finally do, he wants to argue about circumcison? Smh hes and idiot

Quoting BusyB4thm:

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM
I agree it has its time and place some men are pigs I knew one mom who's SD requested pictures of the baby naked because he didn't believe it could be his because of how light the skin was
As for the circumcision it does have health benifits and helps not spread stds talk to a pediatrician about it . If you decide to do it after the 2 week cut off you have to wait until they are a year and they have to go under general anesthesia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormystar15
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I agree that there is a place and time for that but if yall were talking custody, child support, and visitation as part of custody in any custody order i have seen its 50/50 with medical so he has a right to ask and a right to state his opinion. i circumcised my boys because its easier to take care of hygine wise. he could have waited but he felt it was the right time to ask cause he was thinking with his penis verses with his head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)