Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I met a guy on Plentyoffish...OMG! (UPDATE)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM
  • 46 Replies

OK so I met this guy on POF last Sunday...we had a date on Wednesday (it really was last minute...thank goodness I found a sitter)  and he is amazing! He took me out for dinner....ordered the most expensive thing on the menu (surf and turf) ...one for him and one for me!! I laughed all evening and cant wait to see him again!

Yesterday when I got my paycheck...I was telling him that I was docked a days pay for having Memorial Day off...(they paid me for Good Friday so i figured they would pay me  for Mem. day too)....well he went to Western Union and sent me MONEY!!! OMG...........thats CRAZY......he said..."You have never met a man like me in your life I promise". He said that my car is an older model and he is already searching for a mechanic in my area in case I have a problem and he will take care of it!! OMG am I in heaven or what??? Please give me your opinions ladies...congratulate me OR bring me down off this cloud Im floating on right now.................LOL

UPDATE:

Yea so I havent been on here lately because I have been soo busy! I have been dating the same guy for 5 1/2 months now and he is amazing still...he asked me to marry him last night!!! OMG......lots to figure out now!! We live 5 hours apart but we see each other so often and call all day long to keep up. Im crazy about this man!!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madisonsmommy7
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM
all i have to say is awww..
jdrabbit01
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I think that's great.  Sounds like a great guy.  Just take it slow and be careful.  For some reason a litle red flag went up for me as I was reading.  It sounds like he may be a little controlling.  I could just be me being cynical and I hope it is.  He may actually really just be a nice guy.  Just keep it in mind and take it slow.  Good Luck!!!

crazybusymama3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Thank you for that...i need to be on alert....its just that im so twitterpatted right now.....

Quoting jdrabbit01:

I think that's great.  Sounds like a great guy.  Just take it slow and be careful.  For some reason a litle red flag went up for me as I was reading.  It sounds like he may be a little controlling.  I could just be me being cynical and I hope it is.  He may actually really just be a nice guy.  Just keep it in mind and take it slow.  Good Luck!!!

wigglesmomma22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Quoting jdrabbit01:

This...I'm kind of jaded and he seems great...but make sure he follows through on all of his great ideas and ways.  Most guys I hear of show you the guy they think you want for the first six months and then bring out the true colors.  Enjoy what you have and if it is really him take him off the market lol. 

Congrats!!  I"m happy for you:)

CMcDougal
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Too much too soon? Id be cautious,personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM

just be careful.i meet a few guys that acted like a good guy till after we had sex than thy showed them selves ..watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM

ya, plz be careful - when they seem to good to be true, they are.  I had red flags reading your post. 

KRIZZ25
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM

jmo..i never accepted money from any guy..u don't need them saying "i gave u that now u will give me this "..

twinsmom2706
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 AM
I have been out the dating game a long time but that money thing and car thing sounds... A lot weird! Be careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Be very careful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)