• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I was call the the principal's office again

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

I live in the heart of the city, litteraly! I across the street from the hospital and fire station, two blocks from the police station, three blocks from the court house, city hall, four from the library, a block from the river, the greyhound and Amtrak are just a foot bridge away from my front door (ok only door), and five block of the state capitol building.  I love my location, so people always come to meet me downtown.  So I had an 8:30 breakfast date with my lawyer and the family counselor, at Dunkin Donuts.

The boys were on cloud nine drinking chocolate milk and donuts, while the three of us were talking about our plans for my godson moving forward.  And in walks the judge that has been assigned to our case.  He was on his way to finish up some work at the courthouse a few blocks away.  So he decided to join us and asked me how I became involved in the situation.  I explained it as plainly as possible and he began to lecture the three of us on the entire situation.  He told me that my good intentions were basically a waste of time, that the lawyer was a just stealing my money, and the counselor should basically go work in a school.  We all sat there dumbfounded.  The judge then got up and walked out the door. 

My court dates seem to come up so quickly, I think the maternal grandmother filed for custody a week ago and we are scheduled be back in court next tuesday! I had another coworker file for custody of her child last thursday and it has been scheduled for August.  I am sick of going to court! I think the judge is going to give custody of the little boy to his maternal grandmother. I am not sure how I feel about it though.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM
That must Have been tough do I remember correctly thar the maternal grandma is bad news? I hope it works out good for you fingers and toes crossed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMcDougal
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Id file a motion to recuse the judge. That was extremely unprofessional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exoticdiva63
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM
isnt that against some code of ethic tho...the judge discussing the case with u the lawyer n the counselor outside the courtroom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashia07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM

No the paternal grandmother is the problem... The maternal grandmother didn't know what was going on and jumped into action the moment she learned her daughter had lost her mind. The maternal grandmother seems to be sane, but we will see in court, huh? Thank, Nora!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

That must Have been tough do I remember correctly thar the maternal grandma is bad news? I hope it works out good for you fingers and toes crossed!

Tashia07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:30 AM

When we parted ways my lawyer mentioned that he was going to his office to work on that very motion.

Quoting CMcDougal:

Id file a motion to recuse the judge. That was extremely unprofessional.

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Um, the judge just broke some ethical standards!!!! He should NOT have discussed the case with you and  your attorney and  he should not have made the comments that he did. I would be asking for a different judge, explaining exactly why.

If the grandmother is capable of taking care of her grandchild, I wouldn't be worried about it.  But, if the grandmother is bad news, then keep fighting for that child!!!

MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I agree. And wow I cant believe the judge said that. Almost like he isn't taking your case seriously.  surprised

Quoting tyfry7496:

Um, the judge just broke some ethical standards!!!! He should NOT have discussed the case with you and  your attorney and  he should not have made the comments that he did. I would be asking for a different judge, explaining exactly why.

If the grandmother is capable of taking care of her grandchild, I wouldn't be worried about it.  But, if the grandmother is bad news, then keep fighting for that child!!!

animebuddy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM
I'm glad your lawyer is filing that motion. That was very unproffessional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Very unprofessional.  I agree with the others in that he should be dismissed from this case. ugh Hope it works out for you

Tashia07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Thanks ladies... I guess we shall see on Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)