Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

relationship advice

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey all, I have been dating a guy for about three months now. We are in a serious relationship and talk about how we both see each other as the "one" we have even discussed when we would like to get engaged and other things like where we would like to settle down. EVerything in our relationship is really great except one big thing. He is terrible with answering his phone. I will text or call him and he rarely responds. He does call me everynight when he gets home from work (around midnight) but during the day it is like impossible to reach him. We fight about this and he always tells me it is because he doesnt have his ringer on and forgets to check it. Am I over reacting or should I make this a deal breaker situation??

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Is he at work when you're trying to reach him? If so, I don't blame him. He's calling you at night when he gets home so I wouldn't be too worried. I could see if he wasn't calling  you back at all. In the beginning they always call more, and then it seems to taper off.

Ellasmommy418
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:48 PM

No he isn't at work when this happens, it is before he goes to work

Tashia07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Some people just don't like to talk on the phone, I don't! I prefer to text and only talk when there is something really important.  When people don't leave me messages, I assume they didn't have anything important to talk about and don't call back. For my ex it was a deal breaker, but it really wasn't a big deal for me. 

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:52 PM

My best friend always has her ringer off and rarely answers it. It's annoying, but nothing I can do. I don't know. Go with your gut!

AMsMommy212
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM
I would have a tough time with that one. Especially because of his excuse... bf and I rarely 'talk' on the phone, but he almost always responds or calls back within a few hours if he doesn't hear his phone, because he will pick it up because he wants to talk to me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM

next time u see him look at his phone ..set the rig er on height..or set a time we call es u..like ask him to tex every moring before work..if thy all the issue u have than deal wth it.

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Things sound like they ate going great why are you trying to sabatoge a good thing? It can be annoying but he does call you when he gets home from work. Maybe set another time to talk if it is that important to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahampe
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM

this

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Things sound like they ate going great why are you trying to sabatoge a good thing? It can be annoying but he does call you when he gets home from work. Maybe set another time to talk if it is that important to you

lm10
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:00 PM
So aaaaall day you don't hear from him? Mmm that's kinda fishy... what's the point of having a cell phone if he don't even pay attention to it? Does he not call or txt people? His family? Friends? And he only calls you at midnight? What if you have an emergency?what if he is living a double life?.................. him not answering his phone at all would make me double think...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lm10
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM
And no he does not have to answer everysingle time you call or everysingle time you txt. But you are making it sound like he does not answer you AT ALL during the day, everyday. Just one call at midnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)