Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh!! Today I definitely need a man lol

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

So we moved into this apartment on Monday and I had to work Tuesday-Thursday so I didn't get a lot of unpacking done. Yesterday I was doing some unpacking and I thought Olivia was in the other room so when I stepped back and I stepped on Olivia I jumped, tripped over a box and was unable to catch myself and fell right onto another box. I was in a lot of pain but I gave it until today to get it checked. Guess who fractured a rib and isn't allowed to do any lifting, bending, stooping, twisting and all the normal things you do in your normal life and when moving! Ugh, these boxes are driving me nuts! I need a man just so that he can unpack for me, help me parent, help be down the stairs... help me do basically everything. Ughhh this recovery won't be fun, especially since I live on the third floor with no elevators. Maybe I should go hang out with my mom a couple nights until the pain goes down a bit.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beka83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Its probably best that you have a little help if you are in that much pain...then you dont have to look at the boxes either!!

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:22 PM

oh no!!!!! Hope you have a quick recovery take care of yourself!

muwchck
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Oh hunny.  I know how it is.  I've done similar things when moving.  Never fractured a rib, but I did put a stress fracture in my wrist the move before last, and I had no help then either.  The boxes would be driving me nuts if I were you too.  Get some rest, preferably somewhere else so you don't have to look at the boxes.  Hope you are doing better soon.

KRIZZ25
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

i,m sorry hun..i would help u if i lived neaar u .. get better soon..

animebuddy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Wow! I hope you get better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Thanks ladies, I'm staying at my mom's for a couple days because I really am in a lot of pain. It's actually hurting more to breathe than to move and I'm just always scared something is going to happen and I can't get liv safe or something like that, so I'm going to stay at my mom's until the pain goes down enough to where I can trust myself taking care of liv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Oh no hun!! Yes I would go hang out with your mom if you can and maybe she can help you with Olivia!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)