• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to vent in a safe environmet

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

IM so pissed right now. The sitter text me saying how she calcultaed how much gas she is spending and how much time it takes to drop me off and pick me up...she said she wasn't clear on how payments were going to be made but I know for sure I sent her an email starting everything and said how i was going to do it. In fact I was the one who warned her about how DHS was super slow to start payments.

My agreement with her was for a certain amount every week....I took out a student loan that I am using to cover childcare expenses. The money takes 3/4 weeks to come because of a new federal law. if I had anything left over i would give it to her. I ahven't had any extra money because ona certain day she has to piclk my son up early so i have to take the bus to school. Bus fare is $2.25 (not expensive) but since she has to leave early I have to take it out of anything I could give her.

I'm frustrated because I explained this over and over again. I don;t know if she just doesn't want to watch him or she really was confused on something or she really needs money now and trying to see something. IDK but it is frustrating to me cause I don't have backup support to watch my kid or anything. I have one more week to get the loan and I can pay her for the previous weeks and after that pay her weekly (on time). She said she had no problem working with me so not sure why this came up.

I get very frantic about thinkgs like this because I am on a sink or swim type thing right now. I love my son but finding and paying for childcare is the worst part of anything I have to do. I wont even bother with DHS because it takes forever to get going and my semester is only 6 more weeks.....DHS paper work can take up to 45 days and my worker takes 90.

I seriously hope she doesnt weasel he way out of watching him....she claims she is banging some older guy and wants to try and have a baby next year why can't she ask him for a couple extra dollars. She said she can ask her mother for $$ well her mother ask if she needs $$...why not get it (if she really needs it from them?) I do understand becoming clear with the payment plan but I emailed her the contract the first day of class and the entire time she was picking me up she coulda asked.

You can't be afraid to ask about your money. I'm seriously struggling and this is not making me feel calm. Im upset actually.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM
I'm so sorry mama my daycare surprised me with an extra amount when she lost a couple kids and money got tight. Its not like money grows on trees or we can pull it. Out of our butts! Good luck mama. Maybe try and talk to her again and remind her about the deal you guys made
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM
How many weeks has she gone without pay? I would be starting to worry too, u just gotta see her side, shes working and hasnt seen any money, she might just be worried, u kno, maybe jus assuree her or write her a check and date it for the day she can take it to cash it. I see ur side too but u gota rwmwmber she is workin and wants to be paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
athenaheim
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Quoting kirstn007:

How many weeks has she gone without pay? I would be starting to worry too, u just gotta see her side, shes working and hasnt seen any money, she might just be worried, u kno, maybe jus assuree her or write her a check and date it for the day she can take it to cash it. I see ur side too but u gota rwmwmber she is workin and wants to be paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jazmineamomma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM

The very first day I gave her what I could afford. So like 1.5 weeks without anything but I haven't had a dime to give. I did when i text her reminded her that if I had anything to give I would. I have been keeping copies of what I give her. I know money is tight for her because she is waiting on DHS to pay her for some other kids. I know I am being picky but she was one day ordering a bunch of  chinese food and I was saying I couldn't afford $10 for a tape needed for class. Not like I am flaunting $$ in front of her face and she aint getting anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)