• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your new guy accept your kids?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 43 Replies

im not actively looking for mr. right but i know someday i will want to be with someone again. i deff need to work on myself first. but my question is...how do you start dating without scaring them off based on the fact that you have kids? did you wait to bring it up or tell them from the get go? im worried if guys know i have kids they will hit the ground running and i have 3 kiddos.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reaandiziesmama
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I tell them straight off. I want to know right away how they feel about it. I have 3 also and 2 of mine are mixed so I figure if he knows that and STILL talks to me he is worth getting to know.

ahampe
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I tell them straight off. I havent started "Dating" yet. But I am talkin to a guy and he knew straight up that I am a single mom and my world revolves around my son.

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:12 AM
I told the last Guy I dated I was a mom first. It was his parenting or lack there of to his kids that scared me off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GunPwderNlead
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:14 AM
I haven't started dating, but I will be VERY up front. Like one of the first things he will know is about my girls & the fact that they will always come first. I am also a strong believer tho, that while he will know about my kids, he will not meet my kids for a VERY long time. My girls were burned SO bad by their HORRIBLE, DEAD BEAT of a father, they don't need people waltzing in and out of their lives when its not necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:15 AM
I was up front and honest with every guy I dated. And I always said my kids come first and the man comes second, if they cant handle the door is that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:34 AM
When I was dating I told every guy upfront. Ex. Hi my name is Liz and I have 2 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:14 AM
I don't say "hey! I have kids" to a dude when I meet him but on a first date I will say so. I don't date online so I don't "have a profile" that would say so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber_dawn
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:18 AM
I have three kids and they guy I started dating recently has full custody of his 3 kids so we both know that all SIX are the top priority for each of us. Some one just tell me what I was thinking starting to date someone with 3 of their own. That's a lot of kids. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM
i tell them from the begining, really dont have tell to waste nor am i into games. the guy that i am with loves my kids as if they were is. he does for them what their dad wont and we have a great time. i sometimes feel that he is mr. right and i love him dearly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madisonsmommy7
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:16 AM

i have two kiddos my boyfriend dosent mind that i have children instead of making plans around them we make plans with them like to the park or zoo then friday is our date night..i let a guy know up front i have 2 children and if he dosent want or like children then am not the woman for them..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)