Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ever consider giving up men?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:33 PM
  • 64 Replies
I've been through three bad relationships now, the last two being horrible.  I've also had 2 marriages.  Currently I am seperated.  After my last relationship (before this one) I said to my Mom "That's it.  I'm done with men.  I'm turning gay."   Now, FYI I do not believe that sexual orientation is simply a choice we make.  I believe we are born having a certain sexual preference.

Anyway......Obviously I didn't do that, because I met another guy, married him and have a 22 mo old.  Now that this relationship has been so crappy, I've been seriously contemplating what I thought about 4 yrs ago.  Has anyone ever thought this way?  And if you have considered it, did you ever act on it?
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom4364
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:34 PM
damn straight. I'm 18 mos and going strong, lol But not interested in women either.
angie729
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Hi..yes men suck..they are mean and selfish and not senstive to a womans needs. I have never been attracted to a woman or wanted to be with one. But the thought has crossed my mind.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:39 PM
i have actually. but the thing with me is i left my ex after an abusive relationship and did the exact opposite of most and instead of being a serial monogamist i became a total commitment phobe. so in the past ten years, i have had ONE relationship, and hook ups as needed.

round about the past few years i finally became pretty secure in myself and decided that i dont NEED a man. if the day comes that i WANT one and the feeling is mutual, then i will settle down. i will WANT him, not NEED him. if that makes sense.

Heavendove143
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:48 PM
I can totally understand.  I have been single for 2 years now and I just don't want to waste my time with another man.  I do hope some day to meet someone, but I haven't dated any.  I feel fine being single and by choice.  I decided that I am going to allow the Lord to choose a mate for me.  I attend church and read my bible and pray about it.  I  am lousy at chosing men so I want the Lord to choose one for me.  I will know if he's the one chosen by God through faith and perservance.

Heavendove143
OllieBaby
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:59 PM
You gotta remember, girls.. its us women who hold the cards. If the boyfriends/husbands are gone- good riddance! Find you a hot young thing you can use for his body. Then spend the rest of the time concentrating on how radical YOU are :-)

"The right pair of shoes can change your life."  -Cinderella
iammilisa
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM

You know it dose not matter if you are dating men or woman there are people that are just out there to take advantage of people.It is sad but true some people can just lye with a smile no gilt no matter who it hurts.

Foxy79
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 7:29 PM
I sure have, I've been seperated for over a yr, our divorce was final May29th, I have yet to date....My ex did a number on me!!!!!! At this point in my life I have no desire for any man and yeah I have joked about turning gay but that is just not possible for me, I have been single and l actually happy with since Aug 24, 2006.
I have a 2 1/2 yr old and 7 month old, as of now men suck in my book!
Maybe in a yr or 2 I'll be ready but as of now I'm done atleast till I really know what I really want:)
nannyogg
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Whether you date men or women, you're still dealing with another human being and you'll find those same patterns cropping up unless you learn how to change them.

Tig
2Ace4U
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 10:18 PM
trust me, a woman can steal your heart and break just as good if not better than a man.  my guilt is that i was that woman who did that to her.  i left, then cheated with a man, then broke up with her over the phone and didn't go see her till christmas.  i know she took it hard and feel bad to this day about it.  that was 8 years ago!  just be careful of whomever you date. 
elvir2babes
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 10:27 PM
It's better to be alone, instead of being in an abusive or bad relationship.
Not worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN