Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ever consider giving up men?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been through three bad relationships now, the last two being horrible.  I've also had 2 marriages.  Currently I am seperated.  After my last relationship (before this one) I said to my Mom "That's it.  I'm done with men.  I'm turning gay."   Now, FYI I do not believe that sexual orientation is simply a choice we make.  I believe we are born having a certain sexual preference.

Anyway......Obviously I didn't do that, because I met another guy, married him and have a 22 mo old.  Now that this relationship has been so crappy, I've been seriously contemplating what I thought about 4 yrs ago.  Has anyone ever thought this way?  And if you have considered it, did you ever act on it?
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:33 PM
Replies (61-64):
elvir2babes
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 10:19 PM
I am finding that most men are selfish, and chivlary is dead, of course the men blame it on the feminists, but I blame it on poor upbringing.
Well I blame it on upbringing for the most part, as I do recall one man tell me his date got mad and threw a fit when he went around the car to open the door for her.
She said she could do it herself.

gerigirl90
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Every guy I've been with sucked!!!  Except one.  It ended because I didn't know myself.  I lived single for a long time after him and learned from my mistakes.  I'm in a relationship now and wonder all the time if I'd be better off alone again.  I've never been married but want to be.  My bf is verbally, mentally, and physically abusive.  I was not scared to be alone before I met him, now I am.  I thought about being with a girl, but am scared of that too.  I just want to be happy with someone.
elvir2babes
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 11:48 PM
^ Well, the abusive ones only get worse.
lovemykids0903
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 11:52 PM

thank you all. I have been feeling awful tonight and to know there are other people out there going through the same things help.  I will be honest I have been divorced for 2 1/2 years and yes i have dated but things have not worked out and I keep saying it is time to give up and not date at all.  Glad to know I am not alone Thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN