Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

1st child. 25years old. 16 weeks preg....and confused...

Posted by   + Show Post
IM JUST GETTING OVER BEING SICK. I KNOW I HAVE BEEN MOODY AND DIFFICULT THE LAST FEW MONTHS BUT I HAVE BEEN THROWING UP ALL DAY EVERY DAY! SOOO I WAS MAKING DINNER FOR THE FATHER OF MY CHILD AND I ( WE HAVE 2 SEPERATE APARTMENTS) HE HAS BEEN "HANGING OUT" WITH HIS EX GIRLFRIEND AND HER SON WHILE IM AT HOME SICK AND PREG BY HIM. HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SUPPORT SYSTEM. INSTEAD HE ENDS UP STRESSING ME OUT EVERY CHANCE HE GETS. I TOLD HIM I DONT HAVE TIME FOR HIM AND HIS B.S SO I RATHER GO THROUGH WITH THIS PREGNANCY BY MYSELF .. I HAVENT SPOKEN TO HIM FOR DAYS HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH AN ENTIRE PREGNANCY BY THEIRSELF WITHOUT THE FATHER!? IF SOOO HOW DID U DO IT!. DID THINGS GET BETTER ONCE THE BABY ARRIVED?
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
shairann
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I feel your pain.  I am going through the same thing.  Am 38 years old and having a baby for a man similar to yours.  They are not emotional creatures and there is no way one can say for sure if he or they will turn around but I have had a baby before and her dad wanted to get married to me after the baby was born.  He regretted every moment but by then I was stronger mind body and soul.  He remains the father of my child and I have him on child support.  He loves his daughter and me but I am over him.  You see I was able to move on.  Yes it did hurt but he was not a nice person and now he is too bad right?

athenaheim
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Hun I went through both my pg by myself. I just kept reminding myself that its his loss. He would be the one to miss everything. I still talk to the kids father but I wouldn't say it got better. I'm here if u have any questions and need/want to talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormystar15
by Jessica on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:54 PM
With my second i was pretty much alone although we were still together. he wasnt there emotionally. i finally made him leave at 7 months along. he has seen our 2 kids 3 times since the baby was born and that was in january. youll be fine. its hard at times but its all worth it to not have all the stress and bs going on. good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 3:01 PM

you are going to make it...one of my children's fathers is almost 40 and still not what he should be...and yes I went through that pregnancy alone.

jadanoel
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I havent seen or heard from my daughter's father since I was 3 months prego.  I got almost 0 help from anyone and survived it so I know you can too.  I almost feel bad for him; he has no idea what he is missing but that is his loss. 

nappeal
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 3:11 PM

My BD and I broke up when I was 7 mos, but he wasn't really around for a few months before that.  We had VERY limited contact between then and when baby was born, and once he was born I was still on my own for the most part.  Our baby was a few months old and I was pretty comfortable doing it on my own when he told me he wanted to get back together, now here we are making long-term plans.  I don't think guys understand the weight of it all until that weight pops out of your stomach.  Its good that you're taking this well...it says a lot that he's 'hanging out' w his ex while you're pregnant.  No one does that.  Stay strong - you will get used to things and become happy w how things are.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Yes, and no things didn't get better with himbut they got better for me when I got over ut and him. Things will improve!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yippiefabkp
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Thank u all sooo much. I'm glad my friend told me about this site. I have been fine without him...stomach getting bigger.17 weeks now! Screw him he won't understand just like most of u all said. He doesn't know what's going on in my body and his priorities aren't with me so I'm not thinking of him!:) thank u!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I didn't leave my daughters SD until I was 7months along, but he was never home. He came home for about 3 to 4 hours a day and that was to eat, shower, and sleep for about an hour and then to go back out with his,  "friends"? He just kept pissing me off every time he was home, to the point that he knew he was going to make me say just get the fuck out. And I fell for it every time. I left at 7months out of the house, and 3 states away bc when I was 6months it was Dec and in upper MI, cold as freakin hell. And he left me for weeks at a time with no heat, no food and no electity home alone. And when I had gone into labor once at 6months, he said he wasn't going to come and get me, that I would just need to "figure something out". And things got 10x worse when she got here and he is still making my life hell 3yrs later.

darkpoetess
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:53 PM

If you are not together why would it matter if hes hanging out ?? I am not trying to sound rude just asking .. I have gone thru 5 pregnancies by myself .. It was the best thing for us .. My mom was there for me when I went into labor and had my kids .. Its a long and hurtful story but it was for the better .. Less drama less stress .. I wish you luck .. YOU can do this !! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)