Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Hot Customer

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

The customer I have the hots for finally called me last night......to cancel our half assed put together plans to go out for drinks that evening.  I wasn't terribly disappointed because it gave us a chance to sit and gab on the phone a little bit.

The man barely has time for himself, I learned.  Four kids - three teenagers and one that is three yrs old.  Joint custody of the three year old.  And how long or often he has the little girl varies also depending on the mom's work schedule.  I've never met someone over the age of 40 that has a small child. 

I kinda feel bad because it really does seem that if he's not working, he's juggling the kids too and doesn't appear to get out much.  But he gushed over his little one and how he doesn't look forward to when she gets older because she's such a daddy's girl right now. 

I see a man who is bending over backwards to make things good for his kids and since they don't live with him full time, tries to get every free moment he can with them. 

My friend (who is single and childless) says its an excuse and he "should" be able to find time to socialize and date. 

I am wondering if the reason he is still single is because he can barely find time to get out with someone and they eventually walk away. 

I would think most women would worship the ground this guy walks on, LOL. 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 AM

I disagree with your friend ~ is she a single parent?? It probably isn't an excuse, because as you know it's a fulls-ime job being a parent on top of working full-time. I think you oughta ride this out and see what happens. You may have to have a family date instead of a one on one at some point, but those can be fun too. Actually, it really boils down to whether or not you think he's worth a part-time relationship, and it sounds to me like you do.

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Sounds too complicated to date anyway . . . . ?

-nUrSeToBe-
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:20 PM
You'll never know unless you stick around to find out!! :-)) Everyone deserves a chance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM

P.S. Gotta admire the dude for being a dedicated father!

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM

It's hard to get a feel for things over the phone, tho.  Part of me wonders if he isn't really interested in dating, in general, but this other part of me is wondering if he is trying to take a shot since we've been sort of half assed communicating via FB.

We arranged to have another phone chat this Sunday.  I suppose it could be promising.  If he is interested in taking a shot, I'm game.  No rush. 

LifeCafe42
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM
I give him props for being a good dad

Quoting -nUrSeToBe-:

You'll never know unless you stick around to find out!! :-)) Everyone deserves a chance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:10 AM

And yes, absolutely......I give the man big kudos in regards to whatever arrangement he has for the kids. 

I understand where he's coming from when it comes to free time.  He could very well be hesitant about the whole socializing thing because of the kids.  It's no big deal to me.  If he wants to just gab on the phone from time to time, that's cool. 

But on that same note......hard to get is kind of a turn on, too = )

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

The single and childless friend came over last night for a visit.  First thing she asks: "Has he called to talk to you yet?"

Me: "Err....we just chatted a little last night."

Her: "Well, I would want to talk again.  When I was with *recent ex boyfriend*, we talked everyday."

Me: "That's kinda annoying."

Her: "Well, when I am with someone, I have to talk to them everyday."

Me: "Err.....we're not with one another, for one thing."

Her: "You're trying to be, right?"

Me: "I guess.  I'm not in a hurry.  Take the time to feel one another out."

Her: "That would drive me nuts.  I'd be calling and wanting to talk as much as I can.  He should at least msg you or something."

Me: "Damn, L, you're clingy as fuck.  No wonder you're still single."

FLmom26
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM

LOL! I probably wouldv'e said the same thing. There's nothing wrong with taking things slow. And with both of  you having kids, you both understand that the kids take 1st place when it comes to dividing up ur free time. good luck!

Quoting randi1978:

The single and childless friend came over last night for a visit.  First thing she asks: "Has he called to talk to you yet?"

Me: "Err....we just chatted a little last night."

Her: "Well, I would want to talk again.  When I was with *recent ex boyfriend*, we talked everyday."

Me: "That's kinda annoying."

Her: "Well, when I am with someone, I have to talk to them everyday."

Me: "Err.....we're not with one another, for one thing."

Her: "You're trying to be, right?"

Me: "I guess.  I'm not in a hurry.  Take the time to feel one another out."

Her: "That would drive me nuts.  I'd be calling and wanting to talk as much as I can.  He should at least msg you or something."

Me: "Damn, L, you're clingy as fuck.  No wonder you're still single."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:52 PM

GL - sounds like a dedicated dad, which is a good thing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)